Newbie here!

aepilot

Reaction score
City, State
Cincy
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Hey folks,

My wife and I just purchased a 2012 Explorer Limited White Tri-coat/pecan interior. We are extremely excited since this our first REAL nice car. Only problem is the vehicle is not at the dealership. They told us that it was order by the dealer themselves and "should" come OCT 3. However, they said it could be today or weeks from now and they weren't quite sure on the ETA.

We have the VIN #, is there anyway I can take the # and track on a website or something like you would with ups/fedex (haha sounds ridiculous). I know you can do it when you order a BMW. Wasn't sure if Ford did something similar.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey folks,

My wife and I just purchased a 2012 Explorer Limited White Tri-coat/pecan interior. We are extremely excited since this our first REAL nice car. Only problem is the vehicle is not at the dealership. They told us that it was order by the dealer themselves and "should" come OCT 3. However, they said it could be today or weeks from now and they weren't quite sure on the ETA.

We have the VIN #, is there anyway I can take the # and track on a website or something like you would with ups/fedex (haha sounds ridiculous). I know you can do it when you order a BMW. Wasn't sure if Ford did something similar.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new Explorer. :wavey:
Once you have the VIN you should be able to pull up the Window Sticker online but that is about it. Only your dealer can actually track where it is.
I'll have to look for the link to the Window Sticker.

You can also send a Private Message to Cory at FordCustSrvc. He has quite a few posts on this site. He should be able to tell you when it is or was shipped.

Peter

Thanks Peter! Yeah, I have access to the window sticker. I was kinda surprised that the dealer didn't really know when the EX was coming.

I'll give a cory a shout and hopefully he may an answer.

Thanks again

...You can also send a Private Message to Cory at FordCustSrvc. He has quite a few posts on this site. He should be able to tell you when it is or was shipped...
peterk9,

Thanks for the shout out! That really means a lot to me. :)

...I'll give a cory a shout and hopefully he may an answer.

Thanks again
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your order, aepilot! My inbox is a little full from the weekend, so I will send a reply as soon as I can. :D

Cory

Hey folks,

Thanks!

Good choice on colour and interior - that's what I have on order too :)

Good choice on colour and interior - that's what I have on order too :)

Thanks, we are so excited! The waiting is killing us. We were a signature away from an XLT and we took a another look to be sure what we really wanted. Climb into a Limited with the Pecan interior. "OMG" wife's exact words (well actually letters;) Unfortunately, we have to wait for a tri white/pecan limited while its on order.

Thanks ALL for your help. This site was so resourceful.

Back