Newbie Leaf spring help!

Rcman098

Reaction score
City, State
Port st. Lucie florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer 4x4
Hey yall!

I just installed my warrior 153 shackles and it did raise it but not much. Basically just leveled it since it sagged so bad :(. The old leaf springs are worn out so the shackles almost push them flat . . . Im looking into buying super lift leaf springs shown here (http://www.carid.com/1996-ford-expl...&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CM6Hj_Xf3boCFeHm7AodQhkAfg).

my biggest concern is If I add these springs with the warrior shackles, will the back be so high that a Tortion bar twist and coil blocks wont level it? and if they don't, what is a good leaf spring that will replace the old ones but still be beefy? im trying to stay away from add a leaf and buying the stock leafs. . .

Thanks, Collin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could always take the shackles back out

Many people run f150 leafs I believe. Also coil blocks :scratch: I think you need to do some searching ...

Many people run f150 leafs I believe. Also coil blocks :scratch: I think you need to do some searching ...

never thought of f150 leaf springs. By coil blocks I mean what they use for leveling kits . . the big rubber blocks that go on top of the coil to raise the front end.

never thought of f150 leaf springs. By coil blocks I mean what they use for leveling kits . . the big rubber blocks that go on top of the coil to raise the front end.

lol.....you don't have those.....

you have torsion bars bro...

:salute:

lol.....you don't have those.....

you have torsion bars bro...

like I said newbie lol just going by what my buddy told me.

Do you know where I can find a decent lift kit?

Man please do some research, 2nd gen modified section has all the information you could imagine and a sticky just for lifting your truck

like I said newbie lol just going by what my buddy told me.

Do you know where I can find a decent lift kit?

superlift.....

Super lift is $1450 for a 4'. I payed $1200 for my 6in rough country with sway bar on my super duty. Looks like new leafs and to ration keys and some tires

Super lift is $1450 for a 4'. I payed $1200 for my 6in rough country with sway bar on my super duty. Looks like new leafs and to ration keys and some tires

superlift is the ONLY REAL "lift kit" for your truck....sorry

keys (a complete scam) and leafs is a cheap "junk yard" lift.
although will still achieve what you want, and many INCLUDING
myself, have this lift.

hope it turns out good for you

Those Are air shocks mainly for towing

No, they are coilover shocks for additional load. I have them on the 2000 mounty in my signature, along with slightly longer shackles.

They gave me the lift I needed to bring it level with the front after TT for 31" tires.

Monroe load adjusts Warrior shackles an Xlt leaf pack with a super lift long add a leaf running 285 75 tires
451cd1af-22cc-4092-892c-0532649700b7_zpsba3b9a29.jpg

I ordered the coil over shocks. I'm sitting level as as so how much lift should I expect from the new shocks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back