Newbie to PIU life (2015 PIU), looking for carpet. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Newbie to PIU life (2015 PIU), looking for carpet.

ltay1988

Reaction score
City, State
VANCOUVER
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
I looking into those type of anchors too and decided they would only work if glued to the vinyl flooring or a hole was drilled through the anchor clips and they were riveted to the plastic flooring. After looking at it, I decided one would risk ripping the flooring if you pulled too hard on the floor mat (I often change in the drivers seat after a muddy mountain bike ride and could easily see this happening). In the end, my 6+ months of use with the Nanno products mats have been good with minimal wear or sliding around.

Peterk9 - thanks for the welcome from another Peter, K3OG
Do you happen to have a link to those floormats @K3OG ? I'm not able to find any on the Nenno site

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ltay1988

Reaction score
City, State
VANCOUVER
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Do you happen to have a link to those floormats @K3OG ? I'm not able to find any on the Nenno site
Wow... I just realized that was a link up there. Feel free to pretend this never happened! :laugh:

<

PepeLePIU

Eric
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford PIU 3.7L
Callsign
WE4VER
Itay1988 - I'm also new to the forum but have been lurking since the end of 2020 when I picked up my 2016 PIU (a former Washington state patrol PIU). I purchased my custom floor mats from Nenno Products and have been very happy with them (as well as the black spotlight hole sticker/cover). I also added an aftermarket center console, auto headlights (requires a light sensor, new switch, and ForScan), a couple of ham radio antennas and radios that switch from the 4-switch steering wheel controls, rear doors that open from the inside, rear speakers that aren't actually closed in the door panel, 2nd row headrests, pet cover for the cargo area, a rear tailgate that unlocks with the rest of the car, tow hitch, and bolted on Yakima roof rack. Still a few more mods in the works for me but here is the link to the carpets I've been happy with:

K3OG de WE4VER - howdy from another Seattle-area ham!

<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Wasn't sure that WE4VER was a call sign when I first saw it nor that K3OG was. Just looked them up and verified them.

Peter

<

PepeLePIU

Eric
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford PIU 3.7L
Callsign
WE4VER
Wasn't sure that WE4VER was a call sign when I first saw it nor that K3OG was. Just looked them up and verified them.

Peter
Funny how many hams are buying PIUs! I guess we like projects. :) And we have long-suffering spouses... 😂

<

NeanderRick

Reaction score
City, State
Jasper
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Corvette Z51 Coupe
K3OG de WE4VER - howdy from another Seattle-area ham!
Fantastic! I may have to pick your brain as I start making similar adjustments to my 2020 PIU. I've been holding back since I had some trouble getting a salvage title finalized in Georgia. But it's all clear now and I'm starting to add radios and antennas, starting with a Motorola APX7500 VHF/UHF1 dual band.
Rick
N4RAH
(Sorry for the rainy day photo)

20210629_131959.jpg

<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
<

PepeLePIU

Eric
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford PIU 3.7L
Callsign
WE4VER
Any 2011+ ham radio guys??
Hadn't seen it - thanks, Peter! Although it looks like no one has said anything in a couple of years. :)

<

PepeLePIU

Eric
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford PIU 3.7L
Callsign
WE4VER
Fantastic! I may have to pick your brain as I start making similar adjustments to my 2020 PIU. I've been holding back since I had some trouble getting a salvage title finalized in Georgia. But it's all clear now and I'm starting to add radios and antennas, starting with a Motorola APX7500 VHF/UHF1 dual band.
Rick
N4RAH
(Sorry for the rainy day photo)

View attachment 340022
That's the nice thing about these used PIUs - someone else already drilled the roof holes. My next project: drop the headliner and route some RG58 from the two NMO antenna mounts to the dash.

<

NeanderRick

Reaction score
City, State
Jasper
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Corvette Z51 Coupe
Funny how many hams are buying PIUs! I guess we like projects. :) And we have long-suffering spouses... 😂
Yep, it's harder to recognize some I'd the newer ones.
On another subject, do any if you guys have a link to the step-by-step procedure for dropping the headliner in a 2020 PIU?
I was told they made it easier in 2020... but as we all know, there are different levels of "easier".
Rick
N4RAH

<