Newbie to the Explorer forum question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newbie to the Explorer forum question

kywildcat

Reaction score
City, State
Mayfield, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
The wife has and 13 Explorer Limited with Nav. It has the A4 card in it now, and a friend gave me a A6 card today. Is it just plug and play to replace cards? I know there are newer versions, but I use my phone most times, but I thought I would replace cards anyway. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it in the search. Thanks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The wife has and 13 Explorer Limited with Nav. It has the A4 card in it now, and a friend gave me a A6 card today. Is it just plug and play to replace cards? I know there are newer versions, but I use my phone most times, but I thought I would replace cards anyway. Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it in the search. Thanks!!!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Yes, just remove the A4 and insert the A6. Are you current with the MFT software version? I believe it's 3.8. There a version 3.10 but it is a dealer install and only free if you are having issues with the current version. Some have downloaded it from links on this Forum.

Peter

Mine says:
CCPU S/W version: 4.30.13171_PRODUCT
Navigation Application Version: 3.48.9

Thank you Peterk

Yeah I just found that out on the Ford site after logging on with my vehicle info. It also says I have the latest version of it. I did find I need the Version 3.8 to use the A6 card. Seems like a lot of trouble when my phone will probably do better anyway.

Again......Thank You!!!!

Hey Peterk........Wife wants the new card installed. I thought I was a little tech savvy, but I can't figure out for the life of me, how to install version 3.8. Is this something I can do, or does it have to be done at the dealer? Am I looking for a Sync update, or a MFT update or what? I have googled till I'm blue in the face, and can't seem to figure out what the heck I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Hey Peterk........Wife wants the new card installed. I thought I was a little tech savvy, but I can't figure out for the life of me, how to install version 3.8. Is this something I can do, or does it have to be done at the dealer? Am I looking for a Sync update, or a MFT update or what? I have googled till I'm blue in the face, and can't seem to figure out what the heck I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated!!!!
I'm guessing that the A6 card should also work with V3.10 which is the very latest MFT software version. What you have is a Sync 2 system with MyFord Touch (MFT) software. It is the MFT software that you update. If you plan to try the update yourself, you may be better off going right to V3.10. There is a thread on V3.10 http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/mft-update-v3-10.458981/ Check out post #26 in that thread for a link to the update. Most updates require the engine to be running in order to properly install them. When I updated to V3.8 in my previous vehicle it was listed as an approximate 20 minute update time so I did it while taking a 25 minute drive to an appointment I had. I have no idea how long V3.10 takes since I now have an Explorer with Sync 3. The time might be shown in that thread. I didn't read all the posts. If not, you could always ask or PM one of the members there. Good luck.

Peter

Thank you so much. I just stumbled across that post a little while ago, and have downloaded to my computer. I have to run to down to get a thumb drive to transfer it to. I guess you just plug it in to the vehicle and it does the rest? I know to leave vehicle running. Again.....Thanks!!!! I will let you know how it goes later I hope...HA

Peterk, The above link you provided worked fine and I am now at V3.10. It took about 25 minutes to complete, and the A6 Nav card works fine with it. It was so easy! Thank you so much!!!!!

Back