Newbie with questions on dual side pipes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newbie with questions on dual side pipes

dazulu2000

Reaction score
City, State
Naples, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer XLT 5.0
After owning my explorer for 4 years I accedentaly found this site, and since then I have been pooring obscene amounts of money into my truck. I am planning installing the X-SPEC suspension package, but first I decided I wanted to do something with the exaust. I have already put on a KKM induction kit, a superchip, a shift improver, and a stereo system. But back to the exaust situation. I had pretty much settled on a flowmaster 40 series when I ran across chrome dual side pipes on JC Whitney's web site. I'm trying to imagine what that set would look like on my white 97 XLT V8. I'm not sure if they would look completely stupid or actualy kinda cool. I like the side pipe idea, I'm just not sure if I would like it on my truck. Has anyone ever done this or seen this type of configuration on an explorer, or even anykind of a truck for that matter? I would also like to thank everyone on this board, it has given me so many ideas, I have done the tissue holder switch install, Subwoofer that customs fits in the back, the front light bar (saw that on a picture of splat and I had to get one, that is actualy how I found the pipes) and way to many others to list. The link to the pipes I'm looking at:
Link :) :)
Any comments would be greatly apreciated

Welcome to the board.

What is this tissue holder switch mod you speak of? I would like to learn more about this if you don't mind sharing. Thanks

Sorry, I was very non descriptive as I was trying to keep the posting shorter than a novel. I was refering to using the tissue holder in the center console as a place to mount switches. Alec Rosenbaum did this on splat. I don't have any pictures of mine but here is the link to his web page. Splats Interior

Back