Newbie with very first Ford Explorer slighty modified | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newbie with very first Ford Explorer slighty modified

steveofire

Reaction score
City, State
Elk River, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
Greetings, I just got my first ford explorer and thought i would post it here under the modified section. From what I know so far it has a slight lift kit with 31" Tires, dual exhaust, shift kit, reprogrammed ECU, and an X-Charger supercharger pulled at 6 pounds of boost on the 5.0 V8. Now that i have the truck it is far from being done and I would like to put a lot more into this truck. If any of you have any performance input please let me know, I do know the next step is the headers and a custom cold air intake. Thank You for looking.

Front.jpg
Motor.jpg
RearLeft.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice, looks great. Love the dualies!

Greetings, I just got my first ford explorer and thought i would post it here under the modified section. From what I know so far it has a slight lift kit with 31" Tires, dual exhaust, **** kit, reprogrammed ECU, and an X-Charger supercharger pulled at 6 pounds of boost on the 5.0 V8. Now that i have the truck it is far from being done and I would like to put a lot more into this truck. If any of you have any performance input please let me know, I do know the next step is the headers and a custom cold air intake. Thank You for looking.

haha is this a worthwhile mod? other than that it sounds like a great truck!

welcome and nice explorer

Thank you charlie
I would like to lift it a little more and either keep the 31"s or go to 33"s and i found that website about the headers and next month they are going on the truck and then i will take it to the shop and have it tuned and have the watermeth injection system installed a friend of mine has it on his ford lighting and viper and man that really cools down the super charger.

Be very careful with methanol injection. It is a proven fact that methanol can and will corrode the supercharger rotors. Stay with water. Snow is probably the best out there. But it you REALLY want to cool the charge, go with a small hit of juice. Seriously. A 50 hp nitrous charge will probably net you close to twice that. Juice does a fantastic job of cooling the charge.

Greetings: After doing some looking this was tim's explorer

Back