Newly Obtained 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newly Obtained 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer

Anthony17

Reaction score
City, State
Radford, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hey all,
So I just got a 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition yesterday. It runs pretty good and has 229,000 miles with a completely rebuilt transmission from 5-6 years ago. I just wanted to introduce some issues I've been finding and where I should go with it.

First and foremost, , at cold start up, the RPMs seemed low and the dash lights and what not flickered for about 20 seconds before it went up to 2000 for a couple seconds then back down to normal. After that, it seemed to be fine. It sat overnight and I'm guessing it could be low voltage from a low battery, or that IAC valve and/or the MAF sensor people talk about on here. What should I test first for that issue?

And also, the engine temperature gauge seems to sit too low between C and the bottom line. How should I proceed to check that issue out? Have Advanced Auto run a check on the actual temp of engine and see if it's actually cold? And yes, the heat/AC works (to my knowledge, still trying to figure out all the buttons :p). Those are two things that are of any concern to me. I would love some input on these things, and I have tried reading some other threads on similar issues, but I'm kind of new to working on "newer" vehicles. Before this I had a '93 Dodge Ram W150. Barely any electronics to worry about. Thanks guys!

As for the A/C, it works great on "Max A/C", but no dice on "Vent". Not sure how these settings differ, but at least one option is cold... Heat seemed to work great on defrost and on "Vent".

Back