NEX Meet: Providence, RI 2/24/07 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEX Meet: Providence, RI 2/24/07

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'm adding one to the greet. BJ from NH (some may recall him as "Twisted1" on here) called me and so far thinks he'll be able to make it with a somewhat completed and road legal (obviously) 1st gen on 40's. Personally, I can't wait to see him try and negotiate the parking garage! :D

OK, I'm adding one to the greet. BJ from NH (some may recall him as "Twisted1" on here) called me and so far thinks he'll be able to make it with a somewhat completed and road legal (obviously) 1st gen on 40's. Personally, I can't wait to see him try and negotiate the parking garage! :D

Actually Isaac I am glad you brought that up. I have driven by the providence place mall a million times but have never been there. I know they have a huge parking garage, But do they also have outdoor parking? I only have 2" of suspension lift and 3" of bl. But I also have my 12.50 spare on my roof. pic is here:
spare.jpg

If I will not fit under there garage and there is no outside parking I would like to know that info in advance if at all possible so I can take my spare down. As for your boy on 40's, If there is not an outside parking lot , he better take a cab.....LOL

Ok what exact time are we gonna meet up? As far as I know I still hafta pick up Sandy for this then head over to the meet. Plus I hafta pawn off the lil one to her dad for the overnight that weekend.

Jiga, I'd suggest stowing that spare tire in your cargo hold, dude. I don't know if there's an outside garage, and since this is dinky little RI, I wouldn't count on one being attached to the mall. There ARE outdoor lots littered around the city if you want to pay something like $10 to park. The PPM garage costs $1 for up to 3 hours, $5 from 3-4 hours which brings me to....

Jen, I'm going to say come any time from 5pm to closing which is at 9:30. Depending on whether anyone wants to catch a movie, I'll say we can order some food at around 6 at either Uno's or Dave & Buster's (which is closer to the cinemas).

In any case, everyone try and park on the Macy's side of the mall which is where the Uno's is ("Cityside") as it's a bit of a hike to the other garage at the opposite end of the mall (called "Stateside" near Nordstrom). That way at closing, we may be able to try and corral the vehicles (that fit:D) in one area as the garage empties out.

I would like to put a vote in for Dave & Buster's. Wanna ck that out. Think maybe it would be a good idea to exchsnge cell #'s incase anyone gets lost or what not.

BTW I hope it rains on the 24th so you can use the pink kitty umbrella!!! :p

Are we all in agreement to exchange cell#'s incase things happen that day?
Sandy I need directions to your house from Manchester, then out to the mall.
So how many people we got for this meet?

Are we all in agreement to exchange cell#'s incase things happen that day?
Sandy I need directions to your house from Manchester, then out to the mall.
So how many people we got for this meet?

I have to work that day and I have no idea until what time yet. could be done by noon or could be done by midnight. Ill have a better idea when I start the job. So if someone could pm me there cell number so I can call and give you guys a heads up if I am running late or am unable to make it at all. Just dont want to have you guys waiting around for me if my job runs late.

Ok what exact time are we gonna meet up? As far as I know I still hafta pick up Sandy for this then head over to the meet. Plus I hafta pawn off the lil one to her dad for the overnight that weekend.

i must ask also. what time are we thinking late morning early afternoon???
and also after reading some other posts? are we just going there to order some food???

Actually Isaac I am glad you brought that up. I have driven by the providence place mall a million times but have never been there. I know they have a huge parking garage, But do they also have outdoor parking? I only have 2" of suspension lift and 3" of bl. But I also have my 12.50 spare on my roof. pic is here:
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k141/jiga20001/spare
If I will not fit under there garage and there is no outside parking I would like to know that info in advance if at all possible so I can take my spare down. As for your boy on 40's, If there is not an outside parking lot , he better take a cab.....LOL[/QUOTE]

My truck fits in the garage there

1995 33's body 2" TT 2" spindels 3" 2 add a leafs in the rear each side..

K so we all plan on meeting up @ Dave & Busters for some eats & drinks, around say 5:30-6pm, right? Does anyone know how to get ahold of Sandy? She hasn't been on all week & I can't pick her up if I don't know how to get to her house. Jiga has my cell so if anyone else needs it ask him as I won't really be on the net much the next couple of days if plans change or someone gets ahold of Sandy. I'm still heading over to the meet w/the pink kitty umbrella just for Isaac. ;)

I called the parking authority at the mall (401) 270-4421 and obtained the parking height limits in the garage... Good thing as the two garages have different heights. I need to park in the Stateside garage as it has an 8 foot limit. The city side garage only has a 6.5 feet limit and my truck is close ~ 7'.

I'm planning on heading down, so I'll be there as long as it take to get to Providence from Marshfield after work. (I work til sunset).

Good things theres an 8' ceiling, not sure if my car would fit ;)

How early is everyone showing up. I will be there early afternoon.since i work all night and get off work at 8am and go home for a little nap and then head over.anything else going on except dave and busters? is that the place that you all decided on?Really?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Really. I'm planning on arriving there myself between 5 and 6.

Back