next g2g? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

next g2g?

If all goes as planned right now, Bronco 3 will be on a trailer. I found a strong lead to buy the pony, already a EF member, just have to wait til he rolls back from the sand pit in a week (18yrs EOD). He said no "Hurt Locker" jokes.

Hopefully I'll hear back from Andy soon on the 30ft trailer and Ken as already agreed to pull it with is camperless duramax.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heere are the spare parts I have and will bring to Moab;
Right side D35 axel shaft
Front drive shaft w/short slip joint (stock length)(will wobble a bit on a lifted rig at speeds greater than 35mph)
Rear Drive shaft w/short slip joint (1" shorter than a stock 4 door drive shaft)

I have 3 Precision 369 u joints for the drive shafts and 2 - 297 u joints for the D35 axel shafts. I also have 2 other u joints that I can't remember where they belong, the caps size is the same as the 369 but they are wider and the retainer ring is on the inside.

And the usual set of bearings and seal, spare Warn hub w/nut kit. Radiator hoses for a 4.0, heater hose, fuel line hose, ect (yes I bought a bunch of NEW hose clamps you HOSERS)

We need someone to pick up the female end of the slip joint off 2 rear drive shafts from a 4 door 1st gen X. They are about 1" longer than the stock front ones and I used the one I had on my front to compensate for the lift.

I had developed a vibration in front at higher speeds when either the hubs were locked and in 2H or when the bubs were unlocked in 4H.

11:00 sounds OK to me. I have a little bumper project going and will want to put it on, then.

I'll also bring down the transfer case and shift motor. Kevin, I think we have the same round tube Drawtite Class III hitch. If so, I'll leave mine here.

I have no idea what spare parts I'll be bringing. I'll inventory them later.

I'll be bringing the BII to the BBQ. I got a potential buyer out in Eatonville that wants to see it but has to wait til the 14th to get his bonus. I also have a potential 18 yr EOD tech that is currently in the sandbox that wants it and he guarantees me that he won't flake, but you can never trust those Army guys :) If I sell to the EOD guy, I am going to meet him in Sutherlin, OR the weekend before we leave. Makes me nervous cutting it that close to the departure time.

I'll be bringing the BII to the BBQ.

That's cool, but hope you don't have to tow it down - - get some miles on that thing. If the potential buyer shows up, we just be able to coerce him into the sale - - or scare him off... :D

Phil - You bringing the "Moab Bumper" down here to install (and paint white) ? Or doing it your place beforehand?

Paul

Oh no, the BII is rolling on her own power. Gotta switch back to the street tires and hum to myself(no radio), but that's okay.

I'll try to paint it this weekend, not sure if I'll get it mounted before or not.

I'll try to paint it this weekend, not sure if I'll get it mounted before or not.

Save it for next weekend; I may just use Saturday to finish up and install a rear license plate bracket I've been working on...

Paul

Oh **** Paul's fabricating. Usually turns out good, but take months of planning. LOL

Oh **** Paul's fabricating. Usually turns out good, but take months of planning. LOL

Ouch! Yeah, but it's true. . .:crazy: Hey, I'm just pacing myself - - how long have I had that license plate light you gave me? A year? It's almost ready for use. . .

Paul

Jusat talked to Ken, he will not be able to make it to the BBQ.

Pual, are you going to PM us an address?

Hey guys Albino gave me the heads up on the G2G. I'll be tied up in Bremerton @ fire academy until 5pm but I wouldn't mind heading down after and meeting some of you guys/tire kicking if the shindig is still going! I can be there by 6. I can bring food or cervesa if needed...PM an addy!

Josh

Addy PMs Sent !

PMs sent to those who have responded to the thread. . . Just one week to go!

Any other takers? Phil will bring all the extra chow/drinks, etc. (since he's not helping with the fence). . . :D

Paul
'91 Sport

who drinks coke? pepsi? lemme know what i can bring for soda or chips blah blah blah.

tell me what u need paul.

The buyer of the BII may be showing up as well.

Phil will bring all the extra chow/drinks, etc. (since he's not helping with the fence). . . :D

Paul
'91 Sport

Water an Spam;)

Lucy wants to help with the fence, she's good at digging petite holes in the yard :D

Honestly, I'll pick up some potato and macaroni salads at Safeway and some beer!

Lucy wants to help with the fence, she's good at digging petite holes in the yard :D!

Too late, hard work is done. . .
Fence Posts.JPG

Fence & Molson.JPG

Molson's still pretty good at digging too. . . :p:

Bought the lot next to us - - so the fence just helps close off the "Estate". . .

Paul

All the times you've offered up my place for a get-together, and Spam is the best you can do...?;)

All the times you've offered up my place for a get-together, and Spam is the best you can do...?;)

Better than MRE's:rolleyes:

i kinda want to go but im not sure if my dad and brother are gonna do some overnight camping up at snow lake or just do a 20 mile brisk hike with minimal gear. to top that off the 8th is also my brother's b-day.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tools...?

Any requirement for "out of the ordinary" tools? Not that Kevin should have to haul down his welding set, plasma cutter, grinder etc., ('cause I ain't got none of that stuff...), but anyone planning on doing any vehicle work other than Andy's transfer case?

If so, identify any tools you may need so we can see if anyone coming can support...

Anyone hitting the junkyard before this weekend? If so, do me a favor and grab a first generation fan control switch for heater/defrost/ac. Mine just spins (cracked housing). :rolleyes:

Paul

Back