Next "SPORT' Run, Late Nov, early Dec!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Next "SPORT' Run, Late Nov, early Dec!!

Motoarzan

Reaction score
City, State
Cambridge, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport 2014
The next "Sport" run happens Late Nov, early Dec then depending your location from Chicago add approx 1.5-3 weeks shipping.
I know this because I ordered my Sport July 18th. There was a "Sport" run the 1st week of September (Yes, contrary to what others may say...they are accumulating thousands of orders for "Sports" and then building them in batches...seems every 2.5-3 months or so).
My vehicle was supposed to arrive last week on Sept 20th but got severely damaged in transit and they now have to build me a new one. Naturally my new order and VIN is being prioritized and put to the front of the line but I've been told the next "run" is late Nov/Dec ish'. Told straight out don't get too excited you're not getting a vehicle until Jan!!!
I ordered a Silver Ext. with Black/Sienna Inserts Int., adaptive cruise, moonroof, Navi, Tow Package. Unfortunately there are no similar models of dealer orders in transit that I can snag. In fact there isn't a single "Ingot Silver" in Ontario Canada regardless of interior or other options so If I want to settle for a black exterior my dealer has one on the lot right now. Unfortunately I hate black and love silver and when you're spending $50k+ I know I will forever be kicking my [MENTION=127576]ss[/MENTION] if I take a color I don't like so it looks as though I'm SOL and will have to wait. The one and "Only" single thing that is preventing me from cancelling the order and buying a Traverse, Acadia, Durango, Pilot, MDX, SantFe ect..ect... is no other competitor has a vehicle in this class and this price range with a Big [MENTION=127576]ss[/MENTION] Powerfull Turbo V6...Aside from the Explorer simply looking great, this V6 Ecoboost feature was alone about 70% of my decision maker.

The other kicker here is in anticipation of receiving my new explorer on the 20th my current vehicle (2011 loaded Chevy Equinox) is sold to my mother and my mothers vehicle sold to someone else. Come Monday morning I don't have a vehicle and I'm currently negotiating with the dealer subsidizing part of the cost and putting me into a "Rental" vehicle for the next 3-4 months wait.

I switched from GM to Ford and so fare we're not off to a good start!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure who told you this "batch run" info but it's incorrect. There is a constraint on Sports right now which increases lead time by 4 weeks or more but they are still rolling off the line daily.

Then If my vehicle needs to be re built you think that naturally they would put mine right to the front of the queue. Why would I be told late Nov, early December if they are in fact building these daily?

Weird

Seems like there is some conflicting info out there. As of now I am slated to get my sport by 29 Oct. It's build date is 1Oct. I ordered in early sept. Would be nice to know what info is correct out there!

The next "Sport" run happens Late Nov, early Dec then depending your location from Chicago add approx 1.5-3 weeks shipping.
I know this because I ordered my Sport July 18th. There was a "Sport" run the 1st week of September (Yes, contrary to what others may say...they are accumulating thousands of orders for "Sports" and then building them in batches...seems every 2.5-3 months or so).
My vehicle was supposed to arrive last week on Sept 20th but got severely damaged in transit and they now have to build me a new one. Naturally my new order and VIN is being prioritized and put to the front of the line but I've been told the next "run" is late Nov/Dec ish'. Told straight out don't get too excited you're not getting a vehicle until Jan!!!
I ordered a Silver Ext. with Black/Sienna Inserts Int., adaptive cruise, moonroof, Navi, Tow Package. Unfortunately there are no similar models of dealer orders in transit that I can snag. In fact there isn't a single "Ingot Silver" in Ontario Canada regardless of interior or other options so If I want to settle for a black exterior my dealer has one on the lot right now. Unfortunately I hate black and love silver and when you're spending $50k+ I know I will forever be kicking my [MENTION=127576]ss[/MENTION] if I take a color I don't like so it looks as though I'm SOL and will have to wait. The one and "Only" single thing that is preventing me from cancelling the order and buying a Traverse, Acadia, Durango, Pilot, MDX, SantFe ect..ect... is no other competitor has a vehicle in this class and this price range with a Big [MENTION=127576]ss[/MENTION] Powerfull Turbo V6...Aside from the Explorer simply looking great, this V6 Ecoboost feature was alone about 70% of my decision maker.

The other kicker here is in anticipation of receiving my new explorer on the 20th my current vehicle (2011 loaded Chevy Equinox) is sold to my mother and my mothers vehicle sold to someone else. Come Monday morning I don't have a vehicle and I'm currently negotiating with the dealer subsidizing part of the cost and putting me into a "Rental" vehicle for the next 3-4 months wait.

Not trying to be rude but that info is wrong. Riley's info is consistent with what I am being told by people who are in the know, which includes Chicago Assembly.

You may be correct. There are new developments that I just uncovered and know the reason why my dealers replacement order is not queued until Dec ish' (their regular allotment). and the probable reason why Ford won't push my new VIN to the front of the line.
However; I just got a message earlier from the Ford forum Canadian rep Saskia and it looks as though they may have found me a similar vehicle but with a black interior and no adaptive cruise which I can maybe settle for and live with.

Wait for the vehicle you want, you will kick yourself later if you compromise. ACC is a great feature you will miss it.

Yes, the ACC is a feature I originally didn't care for but then soon realized it's a feature I definitely really want.
The problem is in anticipation of receiving my Sport my current vehicle is sold. Come tomorrow my mother is purchasing my vehicle and her vehicle is already sold and gone so it's a trickle down effect and one I can't get out of. I have no vehicle as of tomorrow and I'm told a new replacement sport won't be built until Dec and I receive early Jan. I think I may have to compromise!

However; I now have "proof" of what "really" happened and believe someone simply F'd up and the dealer gave me a bullcrap story. I've confronted the dealer this morning and basically caught them red handed and they are looking to make things right. I just feel let down from "Ford", the factory, that they can't just queue my new VIN# to the front of the line, build time approx 1 week, shipping approx 2-2.5 weeks and within a month I'll have a new replacement vehicle....which I would wait for and drive a rental car.
Instead Ford, the factory is treating my "second" order as one of the regular dealer allotments and regular queue is 12-14 weeks delivery away. Or, who knows...maybe even Ford the factory doesn't even have the full story from the dealer but I will soon be presenting my my case and the proof to Saskia our Canadian forum rep whom I've been in touch with and hopefully there is something she can do.

Hi Motoarzan,

I have sent you a private message. Please be on the lookout for it.

Saskia

Moto, not sure if it is the same in Canada but in the US, the zone rep can increase the priority from a 10(the highest a dealer can) to single digits (1, 2, 3 etc). This will push your order to the front of the line. The reason a dealer can only go to 10 is to leave room for these type of circumstances.

I would request from your dealer for you to speak to them direct. I've seen this happen with someone's fusion and they had a new one built within 2 weeks.

I picked up my Sport this past weekend (it came in last Wednesday). It took exactly 7 weeks from the time I ordered to the time it arrived. Ordered on Aug 7, build started Sept 4, finished Sept 12, arrived Sept 25.

Moto, not sure if it is the same in Canada but in the US, the zone rep can increase the priority from a 10(the highest a dealer can) to single digits (1, 2, 3 etc). This will push your order to the front of the line. The reason a dealer can only go to 10 is to leave room for these type of circumstances.

I would request from your dealer for you to speak to them direct. I've seen this happen with someone's fusion and they had a new one built within 2 weeks.

Its the same in Canada, 10 is the highest the dealer can go.

I've got the Ford factory rep, Ford regional Rep and the Sales manager at my dealer all involved working on putting my new vin# to the front of the line.
To make a long story short. I ordered a "Silver" sport and the salesperson F'd up and ordered in a "Black" sport. lied to me saying my vehicle was damaged in transit and had to build another. He put in a new order, the correct one. But lied to me saying there is a shortage or parts for the "sport" and so Ford builds them in batches every couple months. Hence the long delivery. My new build date was December-ish with a delivery of early January. I ordered mine July 18th. I found it kind of odd I'd have to wait 1/2 of an entire "year" for delivery like this was acceptable so I went digging. Found the website where you can entered the vin# to show the window sticker and what do you know....theirs my original vehicle with all the options only in black, not silver. Caught them red handed in the lie and they had no choice but to admit it to me. Now that Ford is involved hopefully a new vehicle will come sooner rather than later.

Let me be clear...there was no wrong doing on "Fords" part and I don't blame them one bit. This is the fault an individual sales rep at a dealer who F'd up and tried to hide it. The Ford factory reps are involved with me now and they are doing everything they can to help the customer (me) and I appreciate their efforts.

I understand it's not a perfect world and since an action plan is now in place and we're on track I'm feeling a little better about the situation.

Thats a serious ethical issue with that dealership and that individual. I would suggest the sales guy didn't come up with that story on his own I'm betting the Sales Manager was involved. I hope you expressed to the Regional Ford people that you will be contacting Ford of Canada.

I would think they would part company with a sales person who has those ethical standards.

Also you should out the guy and the dealership here so others don't use them.

Thats a serious ethical issue with that dealership and that individual. I would suggest the sales guy didn't come up with that story on his own I'm betting the Sales Manager was involved. I hope you expressed to the Regional Ford people that you will be contacting Ford of Canada.

I would think they would part company with a sales person who has those ethical standards.

Also you should out the guy and the dealership here so others don't use them.

The two people I know were involved in making up this story is the sales person and the finance guy who places the orders...The finance guy is the one who gave me my order# months back and the first one whom I confronted on the story (and spanked). The sales manager who I'm solely dealing with now claims he was unaware of the actions of the others and has reprimanded them and now taking care of the situation. Whether they were all in on it or not is behind us now. I'm now relying on the sales manager to work with Ford to get me a new vehicle put to the front of the line.

I'm not going to out the sales person or dealer only because 1. The sales person was a younger fellow and I think just panicked an made a dumb mistake 2. We've all made dumb mistakes before and it's not the end of the world. 3. They (the dealer) and Ford really are trying to make things right and get me my vehicle with an action plan in place. The dealer is currently supplying me with a vehicle at no charge for as long as it takes for the new one to come in. 4. Who knows, perhaps Ford and/or the dealer might offer some sort of promotional incentive/compensation for this fiasco to show they really are sorry and want to make it up to me. Either way I just really, really want the Sport!

Back