Nic's '99 Explorer Sport | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nic's '99 Explorer Sport

So I'm just gonna go ahead and redo my list while re-organizing it.

The Day I Got My X
Front.jpg

Hatch.jpg

List of things done to it

Stereo: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD
Replaced Speakers
Sub Amp: Kenwood KAC-7202
Full Interior LED conversion
Blacked Out Emblems
Blacked Out Taillights
1st wreck replaced Hatch and rear bumper
2nd wreck replaced headlights, corner lights, header panel, fender, grill, and hood, and have yet to replace molding on passenger fender
All New Plugs and Wires
New Brakes and calipers
New tires
K&N Cone filter
Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some Flex form camping trip:
Picture005.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Wow looks like I about hit him, that truck would be the reason i have my X, uncles got that as a work truck so the X sat for about a year only being drove a few times a month. I was having to jump him. I think I had to about 8 times in the 4 days lol. It's an undersized battery for that truck and it was going bad

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Update:

List of plannes mods
New HO Alternator (200A)
New Battery (Optima Red or Yellow top) unless someone has a better usggestion
Either K&N Cold Air Intake or Headlights
Other /\
New Amp/sub

And Tint will be thrown in somewhere, but that's the order I'm going off of

Check out the air intake thread on the forums, that with the mustang MAF would be a more cost effective modification than a $100-$200 K&N kit.

Nice truck!

So I've Made some modifications to my list

1. Big Three Upgrade with 1/0 gauge wire
2. 200A High Output Alternator
3. Optima Red Top
4. 2 JL Audio 12W0v2-4
5. Kenwood KAC-9104D
6. Tint

Things I may Do:
7. Headlights
8. K&N Cold Air Intake

Looking at my funds I should be finished about early September, but if worse comes to worse hopefully it'll be completed by Christmas. That's Not including the Headlights or Intake

So I've got all the money for big 3, waiting till the bank opens Monday and I'll be depositing that money and ordering the pieces needed. (1/0 gauge wire, Battery Terminals, Wire Lug). And I've got half of the money for my High Output Alternator put up.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Well Decided to spend some of that money(well uhm actually most of it) bought everything for headlight harness. Everything is on its way: 1/0 wire, battery terminal, wire lugs, everything for the harness

EDIT: Well replacing my rear left blinker yesterday, I noticed a gray connector, i thought it may be for tow, but wasn't sure. at the parts store where buying relays for headlight harness, I found the piece needed for the tow connector, bought it came home and hooked it up. used my multi-meter and a friend and confirmed it worked.

So update: 1/0 wire came in will put it on next day off hopefully tuesday. battery terminal came in, those ae already installed. and missing just a couple more parts for the headlight harness.

So I've Made some modifications to my list

1. Big Three Upgrade with 1/0 gauge wire
2. 200A High Output Alternator
3. Optima Red Top
4. 2 JL Audio 12W0v2-4
5. Kenwood KAC-9104D
6. Tint

Things I may Do:
7. Headlights
8. K&N Cold Air Intake

Looking at my funds I should be finished about early September, but if worse comes to worse hopefully it'll be completed by Christmas. That's Not including the Headlights or Intake

1. Big Three Upgrade with 1/0 gauge wire DONE
2. Headlight Harness DONE
3. New Speakers
4. High Flow Intake (cone)
5. 200A High Output Alternator
6. Tint
7. 2 JL Audio 12W0v2-4
8. Kenwood KAC-9104D
9. Optima Red Top

So after learning that my speakers are blown. My new plans are as follows:

Front Speakers (being shipped)
MAF Adapter/K&N Filter
Rear Speaker
Rear Bumper
Tint (may save for a bday present, benefits of still being a kid)
200A Alternator
2 JL Audio 12W0v2-4
Kenwood KAC-9104D
Getting Wheels Anodized

Well getting tint next week 25%
Need an amp/crossovers for front Components
Rear Speakers
High output Alternator
15" RE Sub
Power Acoustik Amp

Bumper, Intake, and getting wheels anodized will be thrown in somewhere. I think I'm just gonna try and get all my locks working soon hopefully.

So went and got the tint done this weekend, I went ahead and put 15% on to try to match privac glass as much as possible. Here's a couple pic's after a bath

a68f50a9.jpg

d877de5c.jpg

Front Rotors and Pads
amp/crossovers for front Components
Rear Speakers
High output Alternator thinking maybe 250 now
15" RE Sub
Power Acoustik Amp

So Got the new pads, rotors were fine.

Just found out that my all my locks are being fixed for my b-day(actuator in driver and passenger door, also gonna get the passenger door to lock/unlock again) so I'll buy myself a keyless entry after that's all finished

List being re-ordered again
Still need an amp for the fronts
New high output alternator
Power Acoustik STAX 2000.1
15" RE Sub

So picked a radar up for 60, and ordered a hard-wire kit, total cost was 68.95

Have it wired from the ignition of the radio, ran through the drivers side A-pillar, aboe the headliner, dropped straight above the rear-view mirror

Installed
83d27d3e.jpg

Well bumper was a surprise last Sunday, got it on, no pic's yet, but got my K&N filter and MAF adapter in and installed.

d79f0473.jpg

Also may be getting an amp from a family member soon, 4 channel, so I'd be powering all four speakers.

Wooh happy b-day to me today. Will be posting pics of the new bumper, and also got my new radiator installed and flushed the system.

Happy belated birthday dude! Very nice X by the way. Just a couple of questions.

1) What LED's did you use to replace the two running lights in the top corners?
2) What switches have you wired up for the under-dash lights?

Of the headlights? just a normal 5smd LED like i ordered for the LED conversion, and for the under dash blue lights, that a hidden switch on the side of the short console (which i removed today, thinking about building one instead for that area) and the white one just come on with the dome lights

how did you do the gauge lights I really like that

Back