Nic's '99 Explorer Sport | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nic's '99 Explorer Sport

So I'm just gonna go ahead and redo my list while re-organizing it.

The Day I Got My X
Front.jpg

Hatch.jpg

List of things done to it

Stereo: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD
Replaced Speakers
Sub Amp: Kenwood KAC-7202
Full Interior LED conversion
Blacked Out Emblems
Blacked Out Taillights
1st wreck replaced Hatch and rear bumper
2nd wreck replaced headlights, corner lights, header panel, fender, grill, and hood, and have yet to replace molding on passenger fender
All New Plugs and Wires
New Brakes and calipers
New tires
K&N Cone filter
Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Been a while since I've updtaed this, ts been running good, had some cooling issues, gonna flush it this weekend. Other than that it's been great. Lookin at a new sub and speakers, then gonna start fixing some of the little things

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

So got the coolant flushed and some different parts replaced, thought I'd throw some pics of the X as it sits now

GEDC0010.jpg

GEDC0005.jpg

GEDC0003.jpg

GEDC0007.jpg

GEDC0006.jpg

GEDC0008.jpg

Got New shocks put on all the way around, next thing on the list is two new o2 sensor, bank1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1, and an IAC, but it'll be a few weeks till that

Went and ordered a new muffler and tips this morning, flowmaster 40 series delta flow, dual outlet, as soon as i get it put on I'll throw the pics up of what it looks like, and how its ran

lookin good

So I picked up an offset in dual out flowmaster 40 series delta flow, went to a few shops today to get prices of getting it and the tips I have put on, one shop (crazy old guy) told me it was impossible, another shop, looked at me confused and said 200, now the shop who put on just a muffler close to eight months ago, climbed under it looked, said he could do it without any issue, though he'd have to build the driver's side exit pipe in two pieces, but he quoted me 230, plus what I paid for the muffler and tips 140, so all in all cost still under 400

r u getting it installed and if u do be sure to post sound clip when its all done

Definately getting it installed, been noticing quite a few more explorers lately, like being different than the rest

Well after going to dinner with dad tonight, I realized I need to finally break down and replace my headlights, so the muffler install is being put off a few more weeks *sigh* But on the brightside, projectors are in my future

Front End Getting a Face Lift

As stated in the previous post, the headlights have to be replaced so I will be replacing them with the single piece projector style, and adding a billet grille while I'm updating the front end

So ordered projectors, today 183, filled up the tank 60 bucks, man do i hate gas prices right now, good news though 17 mpg last tank

So got some more stuff painted, painted the igly grey area in the center of the chrome grill, and then the b-pillar (i think? behind the doors), and wanting to paint that awful chrome grill white, but that'll wait

Well new headlights should be in today, hopefully before I leave for work, so I went ahead, and removed the grill to paint the mesh behind it, and stripped out the old lights

GEDC0066.jpg

well sunday before last i was pulling a rear tire to plug, and it stripped a stud and broke two, they were all crossthreaded, (guessing from when i had tires put on months ago, haven't touched it since then. While i was at work last night, dad and a mechanic friend of his put new studs on, so when I came home I put the new parking brakes on, adjusted them (so there is absolutely no rolling of the tire when they are on, old ones wouldn't always catch), went to do the other side parking brake, but the rotor is being a PITA to get off, so I'll probably put that off till tomorrow or thursday, gotta get ready for work, So now I just have to replace passenger paeking brake, put all that back on and then seal and add fluid to the differential, and I'll have my X back, its been a long week and a half without it

In about an hour the RTV on the differential will be dry and I can add fluid, then its drivable again

how did you take your bumper off. ive been wanting to paint mine for sometime now.

Back