Other Make & Models Mod
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
43°48′48″N 91°13′59″W
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4 do'
Looking at an '08 Altima. Wanting a vehicle that will get some good fuel economy, they show a v6 and a 4 cylinder and I'm thinking about the 4-popper. It's the best mileage (24 city, 31 hwy) on a vehicle that doesn't look way too small, the new Altima isn't much smaller than the Maxima and I've always had good luck with Nissan's that my company had for fleet and my fiance's Xterra.

Any opinions on these from the Explorer crew?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use to work with a lady who bought a Altima when they went to there current stylying. It was alright, But I have rented Maxima's and That this is the foshiizlle!!!:thumbsup: How many miles are you driving? If it really alot, maybe look at a Jetta Diesel;) I really like the Fusions, or if you can wait and it's not to small, the New Focus is super badazz!!! Oter then that....the last Mazda 6 was preety cool, I don't care for there "happy face" styleing now:rolleyes:

Whats your price point? Has to be new? or maybe a year or two old?

Talk to other people up there....notice how they all drive american...thats because most other cars can't take the weather (rust) up there. Look at the yota pick ups that split in half!:(

good points, there is plenty of pontiacs up here, but that fills the void of the cheap luxury cars you just don't see like the 3 series BMWs and C-class benzs.

Maxima is nice, I just need something a little simplier and will keep the Explorer and F250, so I liked the Altima. Looking at some 2008s with their little 4 banger. I originally liked the stlye because it didn't seem too small and then realized it gets some of the best mileage out there for it's size (only a prius and a couple hyndai's beat it out).

I've run auction reports and my goal is ro score a nice "S" model with about 25K on it for about 15K

I really like mine a lot its a good size a lot of people at first when they saw me driving my altima they thought it was a maxima. I was thinkin of getting a 6 cylinder i found a few from private owners but they had a lot of mileage on them.

I saw like 3 07 Altima 3.5 SE and like 2 3.5 SL's but they had a lot of mileage like around 55k to 70k.

But one day i was on craiglist and saw that someone was sellin an 07 2.5 S with 25,459 miles for 16k it was precision grey color with tinted windows Funny thing is the owner of the altima lived in bakersfield.

So i called him up and said i see you got an 07 2.5 S altima for sale and i am interested in lookin at it and he said where i was coming from and i said i live in southern cali in newport beach and he was suprised he said wow you coming all the way from so cali to look at my car.

Then I got his address I went with a friend of mine he drove us in his car my friend that went me to look at the altima drives a 02 Pontiac Grand Am.

So when we arrived there at bakersfield i met the guy and then he showed me his altima and i really liked it. I liked the color and I liked the tinted windows. I drove it with him and my friend and I liked it and so did my friend.

Then when I came back to guys house and said I'll take it so I gave him 16k for his altima and then drove back home to so cali and my friend followed me.

Here are some pics of it

eventually i am gonna do some upgrades like HIDS and rims and system and intake and put some yellow fogs and newer exhaust and some other stuff.

When I was buying my car I thought I would go altima because I drive alot and could have really used the increase in mileage. Plus nissans seemed to be reliable and my money could go further there. I drove a few altimas but once I saw this maxima it was like night and day. I know you already said it was too big but you should really check one out anyway. Its a very nice car, almost luxury like. I can post some pictures of my new one if you would like. I do mostly stop and go driving and get 23mpg but on a recent hwy trip I averaged 28.6 going 80.

alex can we see pics of ur maxima and did u see pics of my altima

I've driven a few rental/loaner ones. The 4 cylinder has more than enough power to move it pretty well. I'd equate it to driving a 4 door go cart, has decent highway manners, and the controls are all pretty well laid out. The smart key system is pretty cool too, I like how they hid a key in the fob incase anything goes wrong. The only major complaint I had were the seats, I didnt find them very comfortable, and thought they were lacking in adjustment.

i love my 07 altima 2.5 s its got 175 hp stock but eventually i wanna do some upgrades to it. did ya guys see the pics of mine at all.

if u guys didnt see pics of it here is link to see pics of it.

Here is one teaser shot. Ill take more tomorrow if I get the chance Ill be working all day but I should be able to snap a few before I leave in the morning and post some on a break.

IMG_5215.jpg

nice maxima did u see my altima

it should work

thanks for the feedback everyone. I really like your car Sam, I would like that color or silver, I'll be keeping the F250 and Explorer so I will be just fine if I'm cramped in the Altima for now and the 4 banger will be more than enough, I looked at the accelleration times and whatnot and it's pretty snappy, 0-60 is only .3 seconds slower than my Mercedes S-class with the v8 and that car felt quick to me being used to driving full size trucks for the past 9 years.

so r u not gonna get an altima now danny or r u

it should work

Ok Now I see it. I almost bought one like that instead of the maxima. It was an 07 2.5S with 32K Miles for $12995. I saw it the morning it was posted went to the dealer that night and it was sold already. Exact same car really. The only thing I dont like about those altimas is I think they need the lip spoiler on them so they look complete.

yeah i got my altima from a private owner whenever i go like to the mall or store or bank a lot of people ask me if i am interested in sellin my altima.

like for example i was coming home from work 2day and i saw 2 notes on my windshield and they said we are interested in buying your vehicle.

just got home with the new ride. Was looking at an '09 but decided that I just liked the SL model too much so I found a low mileage (30K) 2007 for a good deal up near Minneapolis and decided I'd rather have options instead of a newer car. It's in perfect condition and I'm really impressed with these cars. 34 mpg on the drive home made me happy too!

Attachments

• 1N4AL21E17N482143-4c.jpg
    1N4AL21E17N482143-4c.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 1N4AL21E17N482143-7c.jpg
    1N4AL21E17N482143-7c.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 227

Very Nice Danny:thumbsup: Love the color combo;)

Thanks Steve, sitting next to the F250 they are close in color but this carries more of a deep gray where the truck has a brownish hue. It will work great for the new job, this thing is going to see some serious time in the drivers seat as it's my new "office"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sound clips of yur exhaust?

You gonna get some 18s for it?

Back