nissan guys raggin on x's

Redrig

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gettysburg,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
i should be ashamed to ask this but some nissan guys at work were raggin on our x's saying that the nissan suvs were so much better da da da but when they said explorer engines werent even made in the usa i didnt have a leg to stand on cuz i dont know. i would hope not so i can go in there tomorrow and really let em have it. anyone know?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why would nissan guys care about "made in the usa"?

My SOHC isn't built in America? Since when? I could have sworn Lima, Ohio built the SOHC motor. *shrugs* Even so, Explorers own Pathfinders

i guess there jealous. they didnt start this until i started talking about moding and lifting mine. i guess since they have nothing good to say about theres they need to look for reasons to make ours look bad

I think the 5.0 and SOHC are made here but the OHV was made in Germany. The SOHC block might still be made in Germany.

Ask the Nissan guys why their supercharged motor only makes 210 hp when ours makes that easily n/a.

ya get that a lot here most people drive toyota i have allways had ford and my father as well my brother rides a harly another is into gm they r pobbally not be best cars in the world but at least they were made by humans and i support the people who support me

Ummm, I don't know if it's just me, but I'd just ignore the Nissan guys. Let them poke fun and do whatever they want.

Then, when they're done, ask if they want to go off-roading :)

I've driven an Xterra, and they are weak, I mean absolute dogs!!!! So screw them...take it off road and watch their plastic come off...

Dave

The place i work at ships filters to nissan.
They are the pickest ****'s around.
everything has to be 150% perfect for them, and they use them for paint filters i believe...
We also do a crap load of bussiness with ford, gmc, subru, and bmw. i never hear people compliaiing bout them being picky...damn nissan! heheheheh

Pathfinders are ssslllooowww(3.0 & 3.5) with drum brakes and a crampt interior but they do have a V8 coming out next year.

Picky's a good thing, means they care about quality ;)

As for the Nissan guys. Next time just tell them "I like what I like, you like what you like, you dont see me raggin on the Nissans do you?" and just refuse to argue with them. Arguing with them is pointless.

exacly .like forest gump said "stupid is as stupid does"

tell them that nissan has to put out comericals about how great their engines are becasue the rest of the car is crap. and if they still have a problem I will jump on 15 north and any of those nissans can come wheeling with me. I've yet to see one worth 2 ***** off road

Just tell them at least our X's can hit 200HP from the factory without a turbo.

I run with some nissan guys quite frequently. Although I do think the Xterra is a very capable trail rig it has a few downfalls:

1) Engine - listed above - superchaged still is only equal to the SOHC
3) Front End - The diff sucks. I know of a few people that blew their diff doing easy **** on the trails, it doesn't like to take a beating like ours does
3) Rear seats have to come out to fold down the back

I know we have our downfalls too, just listing theirs. All and all the two vehicles are pretty similare in capabilities and mechanical problems off the factory line IMHO. I would pick my X anyday over one, but that's why I am here and not over on xterraownersclub.com. Don't knock them too much it is just a couple guys making a group of good guys look like A$$holes.

Back