Nitrous injector..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nitrous injector.....

I was reading all these threads about how much of a waste the Throttle body spacer is. If they were designed like this one for the 5.0L engine:
8727.gif
you would see a MUCH bigger gain in performance because the actual runners would be longer, not just the 'log' that leads to the runners themselves....I personally don't believe they have much merit where they are currently placed, but that's just my opinion.

Has anyone ever attempted to install a nitrous fogger into a spacer? It would be super easy to get the mechanicals figured out......getting the jetting right would be a whole other issue....

Anyone here following me?

Take a MotorVator spacer:
mov5212.jpg

Drill & tap a 1/8" NPT hole in the side

Add a Edelbrock or NOS fogger nozzle

72550b.gif
And add a Universal Nitrous EFI Wet system.....

Do you think this would make those once useless TB spacers useful now?

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only bad thing I could think of is a lot of nitrous instructions tell you to install the nozzle 6" from the TB.

But has anyone tried it?

Ryan

Carb'd vehicles have their nitrous plates installed in the 'spacers' directly under the carb. I think it can be made to work with our cars

Ryan

however a carbs way of mixing takes place in a way different spot

I understand that.

But I still feel this will be a very efficient set-up. Set-up as a 'wet' injection you will be suspending fuel in the air, just like a carb or TBI intake. Being so close to the TB, it would create enough turbulence to keep the gasoline suspended.

Ryan

I dont see why it wouldnt work. Take some of the mustang kits for example. They have spray bars acrossed the middle of the the TB kits that inject after the tb as well. Then of course, there are the tap in pro kits that actually screw into the manifolds WELL after the TB.

The reason nitrous is placed after the TB is for less dissapation of shot and a larger shot. A shot where 1 jet can't handle it all or you are trying to hide it. If you put the nossel anywhere past the TB you must do 8 differnt nossels in each port so you get an even shot like you would if you injected right before the TB. Are you trying to hide your nossel or something or are you just bringing up a point?

I would be trying to hide it. And it would only be for a 50-70 shot anyway. I'm not going for MAX power here......just a bit for when I need it.

Ryan

that is if you arent wanting to take full advantage of it- why not just run a twin turbo setup or a supercharger?

biturbosport said:
that is if you arent wanting to take full advantage of it- why not just run a twin turbo setup or a supercharger?
Price?

Why don't you post pics of your TT sport?

This is just an idea I have running in the back of my mind. I know I could make it work. I know I could make it work for others. That's all. The whole set-up could be had for ~$600USD

Ryan

Spdrcer34 said:
I would be trying to hide it. And it would only be for a 50-70 shot anyway. I'm not going for MAX power here......just a bit for when I need it.

Ryan

Aint nothing a little wire loom can't cover up. They way 91-94 intake tubes are set up it should be easy to hide.

BTW Dont leave your bottle in the truck, bad things happen http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124923

The injector would be placed in the TB spacer, inbetween the TB and intake. I think with the stock 'shroud' I have (larger 91-92 version) I could hide almost all of the underhood installation.

Ryan

you guys are funny.

Back