Nitrous oxide on a 3.5 N/A engine ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nitrous oxide on a 3.5 N/A engine ?

Razziel24

Reaction score
City, State
Guayaquil
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2012 3.5 V6 Base
Hi, im wondering if anyone has tried installing a nitrous oxide system on their explorer.
Im thinking about a wet system, and go for a 30 to 50 hp shot.
Anyone with experience on this ?
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've seen it done on an edge. Not seen it on an explorer.

Im interested in this too as I was wanting to start adding power to my 13 limited. Does anybody know the hp limitations of the stock internals?

Honestly, Id start with some bolt on's and a livernois tune if you haven't already. There is a thread in here somewhere with guys running the 3.5 NA tunes and are getting good numbers with other bolt on's.

Honestly, Id start with some bolt on's and a livernois tune if you haven't already. There is a thread in here somewhere with guys running the 3.5 NA tunes and are getting good numbers with other bolt on's.
I'm power hungry when it comes to cars. I want to be sitting in the 500 hp range with my explorer. That and I like to be a bit different, plus I have 2 td04 turbos kicking around from some subarus with no miles on them.

I'm power hungry when it comes to cars. I want to be sitting in the 500 hp range with my explorer. That and I like to be a bit different, plus I have 2 td04 turbos kicking around from some subarus with no miles on them.

If you have the money and the time, go for it.. Id start with researching the 3.5 sport motor. Those td04s can only push about 280 hp on a 2.5, which is why most guys switch to the VF series turbos, but you might get some good gains if you can figure out how to add them. A tune on an otherwise stock NA explorer will net you some really good gains so if you add that to your research on the 3.5 sport motor, I think you'd be off to a good start.

Back