NJ Pine Barrens Run: Weekend of April 5-6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NJ Pine Barrens Run: Weekend of April 5-6

April 5th or 6th

• Saturday April 5th

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Sunday Apritl 6th

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

V8BoatBuilder

Transplanted Bostonian
Reaction score
City, State
East Brunswick, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Mountaineer V8 4x4
DJOR Inaugural Pine-Barrens Clean-up RUN. We'll wheel for fun and for the environment. I'm bringing contractor trash bags for everyone - let's see how much trash we can collect and recycle. We want these trails to stay open, let's show people that 4wheelers are environmentally aware!

I'll take on planning this one, who's in? Post up which dates work better for you.

This first post will evolve as the date gets closer:

When:
Saturday April 5th
Meet at 9:30 am, wheel until dusk!

Where:
Atsion Ranger Station
Rte 206 & Atsion Rd
Vincentown, NJ 08088

Who's In, list updated on 4/4/08:
1) V8BoatBuilder
2) 924dr4x4 (have contact info)
3) joshuaj0214 (Have contact info)
4) Andy96XLT (Have contact info)
5) aleeJ (have contact info)
6) killswitchfan134 + 1 Truck (have contact info)

Maybe Attending:
7) Paraphoe
8) MustangAndy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im defanitly in,just make sure its a legal spot,no more tickets,lol,either date,dont matter which one,im always free for wheeling,if i am supposed 2 work,ill switch with someone so i can have off

...just make sure its a legal spot...

I'm want to go to Wharton, and explore the trails you were on today, or do new ones down there.

Hmmm...that's my birthday weekend. I'll see if this can work.

IN! 5th or 6th makes no dif to me; but so far it's been the first Sunday of the month.

I should have another rig with me as well next time. Should also have my snorkel truly done by then and all breather lines extended. - Is it OK to run the lines into the airbox?

wharton was pretty good,you guys would like it there,tons of trails just split off and go all over

hey jason,being its your birthday,ill bring the boobie cake haha

The entire month of April is practically booked for me... baptism on the 6th, birthday on the 12th-13th, englishtown show on 19th & 20th (see you guys there :thumbsup:), closing on the house on the 30th (hopefully)

wharton was pretty good,you guys would like it there,tons of trails just split off and go all over

My cup of tea... I love to explore dense wooded areas. Let's also make this a clean-up run, everyone should try to pack-out a garbage bag of trash. Whoever gets the most trash wins a prize...

imma head 2 bed,im tired,been up since 5:30 this morning,and i gotta be up at 6:30 to take my girl 2 work,so ill catch up on everything 2morrow,g'nite fellas

aaron there wasnt much trash layin around,just alot of beer bottles and cans

Subscribing... Not sure about wheeling, but don't mind helping out... I swear.. I will make one of these runs sooner or later..

IN! 5th or 6th makes no dif to me; but so far it's been the first Sunday of the month.

I should have another rig with me as well next time. Should also have my snorkel truly done by then and all breather lines extended. - Is it OK to run the lines into the airbox?

Ya missed me.

You don't need to run the lines into the air box.

For the rear breather line, I ran mine so it poked into the gas filler compartment. I ran my front breather line up the firewall and then mounted it in a candy-cane shape so that the opening was facing downwards; if water can get in at that point, you have A LOT more to worry about than your front differential!

aaron there wasnt much trash layin around,just alot of beer bottles and cans

Precisely why I want to have a DJOR Clean-Up run in the pines. Bottles and cans laying on the ground sends a really bad message to "4wheelin haters." We can also recycle most of that stuff, which is even better. We're not at the point where we can remove who discarded vehicles and washing machines (but with enough pickup trucks, we can!), but even taking bottles and cans out of the woods makes a HUGE difference. :thumbsup:

Aaron - yea there was huge chunk of something maybe 100 feet down the trail. possibly a fridge. didn't see any cars back there. but even the ranger station's parking lot was bad - broken bottles scattered.

Matt - thanks for the info.

sounds good to me. I think its a great thing to do also, mabye open the rangers eyes also! as it gets closer we can settle the date?:cool:

sounds good to me. I think its a great thing to do also, mabye open the rangers eyes also! as it gets closer we can settle the date?:cool:

Maybe tell the rangers we'll be doing this and they can arrange somewhere for us to drop off what we pull out of the woods? :dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good idea. I think we should definetly let them know!

Back