NJ Pine Barrens Run: Weekend of April 5-6 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NJ Pine Barrens Run: Weekend of April 5-6

April 5th or 6th

• Saturday April 5th

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Sunday Apritl 6th

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
thats me, i feel special now haha:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Andy, you add the pix from last run yet?

Was going to take care of that today actualy. But I need this to happen:

I'M PUTTING A REQUEST IN. I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE THAT TOOK PICTURES SUNDAY TO PUT THEM ALL IN A ZIP FILE (IF POSSIBLE) AND EMAIL THEM TO ME: ADMIN@DIRTYJERSEYOFFROAD.COM

THIS STUPID FIREWALL IS REALLY STARTING TO BUG ME.

THANK YOU,

ANDY
-DER NETZHAUPTMANN

I could try linking back to the off site for Jay's pictures but I don't know since this is what I see all day. :mad:

stupid.jpg

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

Hahaha, that blows.

Looks like we'll call it Saturday, April 5th unless there are any objections...

Hahaha, that blows.

Yes it does - now if you type that address in you'll get one of Jay's pictures.

Looks like we'll call it Saturday, April 5th unless there are any objections...

Speak now or forever hold yon peace. Saturday is fine by me.

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

saturday is fine 4 me,
andy,maybe ill try 2 fit a 32x11.00x15.5 tire over the 31x10.50x15,maybe that will help some?lol
and if any1 knows someone who has a v6 trans for a 4x4 explorer,please let me know,i am in need of one for my friend for his 96 so he can come on the run with us 2 wharton state park

saturday is fine 4 me,
andy,maybe ill try 2 fit a 32x11.00x15.5 tire over the 31x10.50x15,maybe that will help some?lol
and if any1 knows someone who has a v6 trans for a 4x4 explorer,please let me know,i am in need of one for my friend for his 96 so he can come on the run with us 2 wharton state park

I don't know about you but the junkyard by me ALWAYS cuts the engines out of second gens.

"91-94 explorers.
No lift- 31x10.50x15 on 15x8 inch or stock rims
1-2 inch suspension lift- 31x10.50x15 - 32x11.50x15 on 15x8 rims/ may require some extensive fender trimming
2-3 inch suspension lift- 32x11.50x15 on 15x8 rims"

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

i preferr saturday!!!!! and i should be comming in the trooper... and now not to be a downer or n thing, but i was talking to matt and he pointed something out.... that it really dont make much sence for us to clean up the trails cuz its not wheelers making the mess.. its the ppl hiking.. and its a regulated park therefopre we prolly shouldnt mess with the way the park regulates its self... just a thought im not trying to talk anyone out of it... but it may get in the way of the wheeling too!! just a thougt

...that it really dont make much sence for us to clean up the trails cuz its not wheelers making the mess.. its the ppl hiking.. and its a regulated park therefopre we prolly shouldnt mess with the way the park regulates its self...

I absolutely disagree. Cleaning up garbage and trash along 4wheeling trails can do nothing but help us. Are trails closed to hikers? Rarely. Are trails closed to 4wheelers? Often. The trash we want to pick up is along our trails, which the rangers certainly drive along. Are we asking the Rangers to provide any extra services? No. I'll take the trash/recyclables out myself and bring it to my town's local recycling depot.

Think about it: we're bringing in large, noisy, polluting vehicles with a pretty big "environmental impact" when compared to a single hiker walking through the woods. How many 'wheelers do you know that go out with a six pack? How many hikers? Since we want to retain our access to woodland trails, we need to prove that we don't make a large environmental impact. Cleaning up trash is an easy, cheap and fast way to make that point.

As for the park being "regulated," it behooves us even more to remove offensive trash such as beer cans and bottles, as rangers and officials drive on these trails. Think about it, we're doing the right thing and picking up what other people should not have even dropped in the first place.

Have you ever participated in a clean-up event, four wheeling or otherwise? They are hosted all over and are almost always received favorably by the community. It's a great experience for all directly involved, and for everyone who enjoys the land that was cleaned. Picking up trash is no different from holding a door open for someone or doing any other good deed. It's the right thing to do.

+1 Aaron, that's the right attitude. Not everyone has to do it, but it cannot hurt. 4x4 trails ALL across the country are being shut down because of the environmental impact of the vehicles, among other things. If we can help reverse that thinking by picking up a few pieces of trash here and there, I'm all for it. It's up to US to maintain and help keep our trails open, or soon we'll we doing our wheeling in mall parking lots.

It's up to US to maintain and help keep our trails open, or soon we'll we doing our wheeling in mall parking lots.

:D - Home Depot to be exact
hdpklot.jpg

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

i can see the pics,and i agree with aaron,we defanitly gotta clean up that trail,get the park clean so they will let us continue to wheel in there,hey maybe we should try that at 70 & 539 where we went the 1st time and see if they will let us wheel there too,like take that boat thats all burned up outta there,all the shotgun shells,cans and stuff,,yeah right,probably would still end up gettin another ticket

...like take that boat thats all burned up outta there,all the shotgun shells,cans and stuff,,yeah right,probably would still end up gettin another ticket

That would be worth contacting NJ DFW first, and letting them know about our intentions. We might get a green light.

hmmm,ill have to call the # on the ticket and see if i can get the other # and ask them to see what they say,i have my ticket hangin on my wall as a souviner from the state of nj dfw

hmmm,ill have to call the # on the ticket and see if i can get the other # and ask them to see what they say,i have my ticket hangin on my wall as a souviner from the state of nj dfw

I'd hold off for the time being on that call, as that phone number is merely the Barnegat Twp Courthouse. It begs for further research though.

after the wharton run,ill call up and see if i can speak with someone in charge of that department,and see what they say

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got a trailer that we could use if we get a go ahead to clean-up Site-X. To get a burned out hulk of a boat we'll need something like that.

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

Back