• Register Today It's free!

No 4WD

GSEGREG

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Louis
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
I have a 2001 ST 4WD and I cannot get the 4WD to engage. The overhaul manual says that the 4WD high and low lights should illumate during startup but then go out. They do not come on at all. I have checked all of the 4WD system fuses and switch but can find nothing wrong. Other 4WD vehicles I've had that problem with ended up being the solenoid but the light always came on. I'm wondering if I might have an electrical problem. Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I read somewere its the 4wd module, which is somwhere on the passenger kicker panel, by your feet. Mine goes out if it rains really hard sometimes. I think it has a mind of its own, sometime it works and other times it doesnt. I heard that the '01's have this problem.

after further investigation i noticed that my dash lights do come on for a sec when the truck is started. could it still be the 4x4 module?

more than likely, At least you know you dont have a blow bulb lol. I think those modules are 250 something from ford to.

FOUND!! go to mysporttrac.com and go to projects, maintenance, 4x4 module. they show were it is and how to replace it!

I have a 2001 ST 4WD and I cannot get the 4WD to engage. The overhaul manual says that the 4WD high and low lights should illumate during startup but then go out. They do not come on at all. I have checked all of the 4WD system fuses and switch but can find nothing wrong. Other 4WD vehicles I've had that problem with ended up being the solenoid but the light always came on. I'm wondering if I might have an electrical problem. Thanks for any help.

Back