No AC only heat coming through 04 Explorer vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No AC only heat coming through 04 Explorer vents

renegadebuck

Reaction score
New to the forum. Did a search, but couldn't find a Gen 3 answer, so here goes.
I have heat only coming through the HVAC box. Compressor works great, freon level good and pressures are good. All the vents change with the control (bi-level, floor, defrost, panel), but no cold air, just heat. There has to be another actuator that operates a door that varies heat/cold levels that isn't working. Anyone have a clue where it would be and who I have to know to find it? Thanks in advance.

It's called the "blend door actuator"

...is it doing that clicking thing? i dont know where it is on the explorer, but i replaced on on a 2003 windstar, and it was sorta behind the radio in the middle of the dash. im sure there is info on here how to find it if you search some, or maybe someone else knows.

It's called the "blend door actuator"

...is it doing that clicking thing? i dont know where it is on the explorer, but i replaced on on a 2003 windstar, and it was sorta behind the radio in the middle of the dash. im sure there is info on here how to find it if you search some, or maybe someone else knows.

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't make any noise at all. I searched and found info on gen 1 and 2, but not 3 and I believe they are different. Of course, I'm not real computer literate and could have done something wrong or just not the correct right thing.

Back