No adaptive cruise control at Explorer sport 2017 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No adaptive cruise control at Explorer sport 2017

Mallias87

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello guys. New here. I hope Iam writing under the right category. My question is simple and I hope not stupid 😝. I just bought an Explorer sport 2017. I was reading about the car online to learn more with all this ford technology. (Iam coming from 5 years only bmw experience so Iam not familiar with ford) when I was reading about my Explorer I saw it should have adaptive cruise control. And it doesn’t exist In the car. I checked menus, videos at YouTube. My car doesn’t have this guys. Is something wrong??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On the actual blinker lever. Push that button in.

Those buttons you cirlced are to move the actual steering wheel.

Circled in yellow.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 9.59.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 9.59.40 AM.png
    407.8 KB · Views: 216

Does that button push in?

Hello guys. New here. I hope Iam writing under the right category. My question is simple and I hope not stupid 😝. I just bought an Explorer sport 2017. I was reading about the car online to learn more with all this ford technology. (Iam coming from 5 years only bmw experience so Iam not familiar with ford) when I was reading about my Explorer I saw it should have adaptive cruise control. And it doesn’t exist In the car. I checked menus, videos at YouTube. My car doesn’t have this guys. Is something wrong??
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The Adaptive Cruise Control is on the steering wheel, left side. Do you have the Owner's Manual? If so, it is on page 212 of the 3rd printing. The same control allows you to choose the distance setting.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The Adaptive Cruise Control is on the steering wheel, left side. Do you have the Owner's Manual? If so, it is on page 212 of the 3rd printing. The same control allows you to choose the distance setting.

Peter
Hi peter I already post my steering wheel photo and it’s not there. It should be but it doesn’t.

Hi peter I already post my steering wheel photo and it’s not there. It should be but it doesn’t.

It was an option on the Sports and very few had it. So its not unusual that yours does not have that option.

It was an option on the Sports and very few had it. So its not unusual that yours does not have that option.
Alright if it’s not unusual no problem, I was just asking because at ford site saying sport trim 2017 should have it and it’s nowhere.

Alright if it’s not unusual no problem, I was just asking because at ford site saying sport trim 2017 should have it and it’s nowhere.
Jason, jmr061, is correct (as usual). I just checked the 2017 Order Guide and Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support is an option. 2017 EXPLORER ORDER.pdf
Forgot about that.

Peter

Back