No air out of vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No air out of vents

Eversdustin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ford explorer xlt
Hey everyone! I have a 99 ford explorer and I can't get any air to come out of the front vents. Not defrost or regular heat. The back blower works fine and is blowing air but the front ones won't! Anyone have any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First I would turn on you front blower. Pop the hood and see if it is running. It is located on the passenger side. If it is not running the first thinks I would do is check fuses. If they are all fine I would then unplug the power wires going to the fan. Then hook the fan to the battery and see if it comes on. If it does not come on you need a new fan. If it does come on you might have a bad blower motor resistor.

could also be the blend door actuator a popular issue with the Explorers

Hey everyone! I have a 99 ford explorer and I can't get any air to come out of the front vents. Not defrost or regular heat. The back blower works fine and is blowing air but the front ones won't! Anyone have any suggestions?
mine wouldnt work either no air/ fuse good so wailed on it with rubber mallet. it started up but you could hear from the grinding its time for a new one

Vacuum leak
Vacuum ball in the passenger fender well

So i seem to be having this problem... only thing that I'm experiencing that no one mentioned is that sometimes it works and then sometimes it doesn't... like if it doesn't come on, no matter how many times i turn it off and on, it doesn't come on... then later when i happened to try it, it worked...
Any answers as to what the problem turned out to be? Any suggestions on what i should do to see what it is? My assumption is the blower is having an issue, whether it's a fuse or whatever, but just wanted to check with others before i go get hands on...

Back