No album art, track or artist info | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No album art, track or artist info

scotted73

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited 4WD
As the title states, these are missing in both the main screen and the smaller screen next to the speedometer. I have the latest updates including the update for the cooling fan reprogram. I am using an iPhone 4 and the USB port.
The main screen either shows "unknown track/artist" or "Select media from the Browse menu". If it's the unknown track screen, it gives the play option even though music is playing. I am able select music via voice control. If I press the play button, the first song on my iPhone 4 plays and the "Select media" screen shows up - every time. The smaller window just shows track 1/937 and a zero track time. So basically useless information. I've tried indexing and using the Gracenote option to no avail.

This seems to have manifest slowly after the fan reprogram...first missing album art and then the missing track/artist info.

Any ideas or similar experiences?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My friend has the same problem with his iPod nano in his Edge. We have yet to figure out what the issue is.

I am unfamiliar with this issue because I bought a 32GB flash drive for about $30, ripped all of our music (about 150-200 CD's) to it and in doing that, all of the info was already there.

scotted73, press (touch - ha! sorry I couldn't resist, LOL!) the artist/track field on the screen. It will cycle to the information you're looking for.

scotted73, press (touch - ha! sorry I couldn't resist, LOL!) the artist/track field on the screen. It will cycle to the information you're looking for.

That field was not an option. The only things present were: Fast forward, play, rewind and 0/0 track and 00:00 track time. Music would still play and pressing the play button brought up the choose from browser message.

Here's the fix that worked for me:
I unpaired my phone and deleted it from Sync. Repaired my phone to Sync and established a connection. Everything returned to normal and seems to be a slight bit faster than before. :thumbsup:

I think Sync came across an unknown track and stumbled and in Microsoft fashion refused to comply. All is well now.

Sweet, glad it all worked out :thumbsup:

That field was not an option. The only things present were: Fast forward, play, rewind and 0/0 track and 00:00 track time. Music would still play and pressing the play button brought up the choose from browser message.

Here's the fix that worked for me:
I unpaired my phone and deleted it from Sync. Repaired my phone to Sync and established a connection. Everything returned to normal and seems to be a slight bit faster than before. :thumbsup:

I think Sync came across an unknown track and stumbled and in Microsoft fashion refused to comply. All is well now.

Glad all is working for you now, scotted73! :)

Should this happen again, try a soft reboot on your phone:

To perform a soft reset, press and hold the iPhone’s Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for several seconds, or until you see the apple logo on the screen.

Rebecca

Glad all is working for you now, scotted73! :)

Should this happen again, try a soft reboot on your phone:

To perform a soft reset, press and hold the iPhone’s Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for several seconds, or until you see the apple logo on the screen.

Rebecca

Thanks, but a new problem has risen and I'll start a thread shortly.

Back