• Register Today It's free!

No Ambient Temp-2006 Limited

UnorthodoxCreat

Reaction score
City, State
outside Hanover, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT V6, 06 Limited V8
My 2006 V8 Limited does not display the outside ambient temperature in the dash like I expected. Is there any way to tell if it is supposed to? I replaced the temp sensor in the grill by the driver's side headlight thinking maybe that was the issue but it didn't change anything. I've gone through all the dash settings/menus and there isn't anywhere to turn that on or off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 06 limited shows the outside temp display on the face of the HVAC controls. Do you have the auto temp controls? There should be a button that toggles the outside temp display on or off. I assume you've already tried that.

My 06 limited shows the outside temp display on the face of the HVAC controls. Do you have the auto temp controls? There should be a button that toggles the outside temp display on or off. I assume you've already tried that.
Yes, I have the auto temp. I believe its the only option that came on the '06 Limited. I thought I messed with that looking for ambient temp there but maybe I missed something. I'll look at it again tomorrow.

Could be a frayed wire back of the sensor from flexing or corrosion as it exposed.

What is it displaying currently? Could be an open circuit high resistance default reading which gives you a clue. Short would be the opposite but highly unlikely unless pinch from service or impact.

You were right. Don't know how I missed it but there is a little button right beside the display on the HVAC controls.

Back