Doug108

Reaction score
City, State
Sanford Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 explorer sport trac
Hi everyone,
I am new to this site and I really need your help. I replaced my
front rotors and calipers, but after that I couldn't get any pedal. So I replaced
the master cylinder, but still no good after pumping up the brakes without it running.
Then, when turning on truck the pedal went to the floor. I pulled the vacuum line off and it would pump up, but then with the vacuum line back on, I lose my pedal again. So now I have replaced the brake booster, but I have not yet bled the brakes after adding the booster. I could use any ideas. getting really frustrated. love my truck but WOW.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can't replace calipers and the master cylinder without bleeding the system. You have air in the system and air (unlike brake fluid) is compressible, hence no pedal. Vehicles with ABS systems are difficult to bleed w/out special equipment. You may need to have it towed to a shop.

thank you for your response,
But I have bleed the brakes after the calipers. and then benched bleed the new master cylinder then bleed the hole system after that. then installed the booster. I just did not bleed the brakes after that. I picked up a pneumatic brake bleeder
and going to try that tomorrow. Was just look for some advice to see if I was missing some thing.

like swshawaii said.

Make sure that the bleeders are mounted on top of the calipers in relation to the brake hose. If they arent then they were installed on the wrong side (right/left). Switch them or you will never get a pedal.

Back