No brakes after changing front brake caliper of 2005 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No brakes after changing front brake caliper of 2005 ford explorer

esj01142005

Reaction score
City, State
abu dhabi uae
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer 2005
I am a 2005 ford explorer user here in United Arab Emirates. Kindly help me on current brake problem. Just 2 days ago, I changed my front brake caliper through a local mechanic but after installing the new calipers (L&R), and after doing the standard procedure (e.g. releasing air from the brake system) still there were no brakes. Then the mechanic suggested to change master cylinder, but still the same after fixing a new one. The mechanic again suggested to change the booster, its done but to no avail. In short, new calipers, new master cylinder and new booster but still no brakes.
Please help me on this since this is my only car and i really need it in my daily travel for work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum.

Did you bleed the rear calipers as well?

Are you positive the front calipers were installed on the correct sides? The bleeder valve should be at the top of the caliper, NOT at the bottom.

Your ABS system could also have air trapped in it, beyond what you let out at the calipers. I believe this needs to be addressed through the PCM using forscan.

Thank you very much sir! I will update my mechanic tomorrow.

Sounds like you may need a new mechanic.
Is he a "mechanic", or just a parts changer?
Shouldn't he be updating you?

Better to do it yourself

Imo

Back