• Register Today It's free!

No brakes

Tyler0622

Reaction score
City, State
Warrior, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 sport trac xlt
I have a 2008 sport trac xlt in the shop, it can in with no brakes. Replaced the master cylinder and brake booster, ABS module, 2 calipers and bled manually, with a scan tool, and even back bled the brakes to remove air. Still no brake pedal. Will stop at end of pedal. No leaks. No bent lines. All calipers oriented correctly. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2008 sport trac xlt in the shop, it can in with no brakes. Replaced the master cylinder and brake booster, ABS module, 2 calipers and bled manually, with a scan tool, and even back bled the brakes to remove air. Still no brake pedal. Will stop at end of pedal. No leaks. No bent lines. All calipers oriented correctly. Any ideas?
Have you went through the procedure to bleed the ABS module? This is done via software commands.

Have you checked the flexible lines for loss of integrity? How about following the bleed procedure to start with the wheel furthest from the ABS module and then in order to the nearest? Maybe verify you don't have a bad master cylinder. IMO, you either have a bad master cylinder or there is air in the system.

Looks like simple pressure leak.
Or one of the new components are possibly failed (like master cylinder for example- check and bleed em) .all of the parts are oem and brand new or chinese aftermarket or remanufactured ?

New calipers hose crush washers are brand new or reused ones?

Check all of the lines separately with pressure test.

Go with the workshop manual pinpoint test operation.

Looks like simple pressure leak.
Or one of the new components are possibly failed (like master cylinder for example- check and bleed em) .all of the parts are oem and brand new or chinese aftermarket or remanufactured ?

New calipers hose crush washers are brand new or reused ones?

Check all of the lines separately with pressure test.

Go with the workshop manual pinpoint test operation.
Thank you will do so. I have already checked all lines and there are no bends that are not supposed to be there. The lines are good and they are re used. New washers on the 2 new rear calipers that were installed. And all part are oem.

Are you sure the calipers are on the right sides? If you swap them there will be a big air pocket above each bleeder screw. Just try to figure out that one!

When I did auto repairs late 60's into the 80's I always bleed the master before installing. Then I hooked up a pressure bleeder to bleed the brakes. But with these new fangle vehicle's 🤔

Back