• Register Today It's free!

No crank

Cowlitzskipper

Reaction score
City, State
Golden Valley Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Exploder Sport
Am stuck away from home need help to get my exploder going..
I turn key but only hear click type sound behind collum. I checked fuses and relays and got newer battery recently... My ignition is bit lose had work on linkage but has been working after that just fine many months.. stoped at a lake and now not turning over dont have budget to run buy new starter.. i just like get home.. Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do the lights dim when you attempt to crank? battery terminals all good? if you just need to get it started, ask a buddy to wack the starter w a mallet whihc you attempt to crnak it over, if its the starter solenoid or starter, that may just get you home. also ensure it aint a relay by switching the fuel pump relay with anotehr of the same size

also, this should go to the 2nd gen subforum @Rick can this be moved so more may see it?

do the lights dim when you attempt to crank? battery terminals all good? if you just need to get it started, ask a buddy to wack the starter w a mallet whihc you attempt to crnak it over, if its the starter solenoid or starter, that may just get you home. also ensure it aint a relay by switching the fuel pump relay with anotehr of the same size

also, this should go to the 2nd gen subforum @Rick can this be moved so more may see it?
Yes and tryed did relay swops too..

you tried whacking he starter? huh that usually works for one thats on its last legs. let me think about this one... any JY near you? can you see if the starter gets power?

Am stuck away from home need help to get my exploder going..
I turn key but only hear click type sound behind collum. I checked fuses and relays and got newer battery recently... My ignition is bit lose had work on linkage but has been working after that just fine many months.. stoped at a lake and now not turning over dont have budget to run buy new starter.. i just like get home.. Thanks in advance
Got home and it was simple stupid ignition wire that was losen with rough roads so was broke down due stupid wiring with ignition... The four wire green box on ignition

Back