no dash lites during the day? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no dash lites during the day?

edmur

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 explorer xlt
Hi Guys and Gals.... Just got this 2006 ford explorer xlt for my wife as a 4x4 for the desert out here in the west. Now it has a minor problem NO DASH LITES OR RADIO LITES DURING THE DAY. At nite they all work fine, dimming etc ok..Is there a sensor that I'm missing? Thanks a lot

Ed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pretty sure mine don't work during the daytime either. I have automatic headlights and I know they come on with the headlights and with the wipers because the headlights come on then also. That's the only time they come on during the day. They do not come on when the DRLs are on.

your right...doesn't work during the day but if you turn on lites you should get something I HOPE. -- no lites until dark I thought we should get something when you turn on safety lites during the day?

If you're talking about the parking lights then I will have to check. Mine just stays on the auto setting all the time.

worst of all is no lites on the radio..... if any they are real dim................ Ed

Up to including 2009 as I recall Ford had the old green lettered number/indications and no back lighting was required. Even the climate control uses that with the NAV option. Other lighting is turned of and brightened via the dash dimmer control unless thats turned down or off. See your owners manual everything is in there for those who read it.

I wonder why you need the backlighting during the day? It's really only used driving at night to see the buttons. The backlighting is tied to the low beams unless those are on your dash is set in "day" mode and everything turns on at night. When my auto lights turn on my Nav dash darkens and changes to better low light viewing. It would be too bright otherwise.

pulled the dash apart -- and that D___ ford radio showed a short and was killing the lites!! first time I ever found something like this!!! took the that old radio out (its now out in my workshop until I take it apart) == went out and got a new Pioneer. installed it AND IT WORKS FINE!!!! and the wife is happy!!! thanks gang\

Ed

So the short is in the radio, not the wiring to the radio? What model of Panasonic did you install? Just curious.

The ford radio had FOUR cds stuck in it ......Put in a Pioneer model DEH-150MP it only has room for a single cd but the sound is great and the radio was easy to install.

Back