No dome lights, keyless entry, or radio | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No dome lights, keyless entry, or radio

Reaction score
City, State
Kennewick, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Exploder
So today I took the rear hatch off my LIMITED to replace it, my buddy cut the wires to the wiper motor, a sensor on the key lock and the rear window defrost and a door ajar sensor I believe,. Now I have no radio, keyless entry or dome lights. I spliced and the wires back together and check all the fuses but the new hatch is from an XLT. I took all the stuff out of the limited hatch and spliced it to the xlt but sill nothing. I'm pissed and stumped. Any help would be appreciated

If you forgot to disconnect the battery first, you've got some blown fuses to replace.

Checked the box inside and the fuse box in the engine compartment and they're all good

I'd start by finding a wiring diagram with colors and trace the wires back to the fuse panels (for DC power) or inputs (for door switches, etc.). It's a bit late for me to look for it, but I recall there are wiring diagrams available on this site.
Take it from someone with many years of troubleshooting electrical systems - start this when you have lots of time and patience. (No offence intended - it took me a long time to learn this...)

Back