• Register Today It's free!

No gears

Bluetix

Reaction score
City, State
Wytheville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 xls 4.0
My daughters 06 will not engage trans at all. We were stopped by a flagman and when we pulled out it was like it was still in high gear. We were a half mile from home. The next morning it done fine going into town which is about 10 miles. We made a quick stop for about15 minutes,started the car drove about a mile and it started doing the same thing again. That evening we barely made it home.No every gear is like neutral
Installed a new tps which straighted out rough idle. Still no gears at all.rpm changes when you put it in gear.It would drive if you put it all the way in 1st and manually shifted just to get home now nothing at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TPS will have nothing to do with this. Do you have any fluid leaks? I'd start by checking fluid level...

How many miles does it have? What kind of transmission?

No fluid leaks. Not sure of the mileage, It was installed used before my daughter bought it.

Is the OD light flashing?

It did once and after I started the car up it didn't come back on.

Going to be internal problem possibly a torque converter issue. Not the news you wanted to hear.

Thanks. I was afraid of something like that.

Back