No Hazards, signals or brake lights. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Hazards, signals or brake lights.

homioez

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Explorer XLT
Ok so I was installing turn signal arrows behind my mirror and got the first one working nicely, second one was just about to be finished when I ended up shorting my wires. How I installed these were by removing mirror glass and fitting the arrow turn signal behind there and used about 20 gauge speaker wire to splice into my front directionals, Soldered on the wire to the short wire that come with the unit and ran that to the driver side front blinker light (Black, Grey, Green/White) I didnt have quick splicers so I took off about a quarter inch of insulation to expose the wiring and soldered on to there, All went well. As I went on to the passenger side I did the same thing but this time I accidentally pressed all three wires together (black, Grey, blue/white on pass side) and heard a faint pop, so now I dont have brake lights, hazards & directionals. I checked about 2/3 of the small clear fuses and have not checked the relays because I dont have a voltage tester. Is there anyone that knows what happened or how to fix it, if its a Fuse, MFS, Relay... etc that needs to be replaced? Any help ASAP would be appreciated because I cant really drive without the three things mentioned, FYI Headlights and reverse lights work & the car is 2005 Explorer XLT

maybe parking light relay/fuse?

Thanx 4 the help, upon further inspection it was the fuse, I checked it about three different times before I noticed a magnified sized gap between the strip inside. I was looking for burn marks.

Back