No head unit, Bluetooth direct to amp | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No head unit, Bluetooth direct to amp

BlkSquad

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'15 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
I've gotten rid of my HU because I didn't like it. In the past I had done a 3.5mm jack direct to my amp and played music from my Zune and it worked great. Zune had built-in FM. Now since I have a smartphone (Galaxy Note) I'd like to do a similar setup except have it connect with bluetooth directly to the amp. I've Googled and searched numerous Android specific fora looking for an adapter or module to make this work. I have found a few that looked like they would work, but all the reviews are garbage.

Basically, I'd like to know if anyone here has any ideas or a specific product in mind. Personal experience is preferred but I'll take any input I can get.

I'd like to be able to get in my Ex and turn on the bluetooth on my phone and have it automatically pair so all I have to do is press play. I don't care about it being able to be used as a hands free headset because I don't typically talk on the phone while driving anyway, so that'd just be a bonus and isn't a requirement for me. TIA for any help.

the easiest way would be to use your standard audio out (headphone) jack on your phone. i have seen where someone took a home stereo bt unit and modded it to work in a car. but then you need ac converters.

IMO stereo jack to a an eq to an amp. the eq will let you make tweaks and adjust setings to make it sound better.

I had considered an inline eq but my phone has that covered well enough for me. Once I get things running the way I want, I might consider getting one more seriously. However, I had the audio out to amp before and that worked great but I prefer to do things wirelessly since the technology is available now. Just basically looking for, hopefully, someone else who has thought of this and successfully pulled it off.
Thanks for your input.

I might have just the solution for you. There is a Bluetooth adapter that basically has the stereo built into it. It has a hide-a-way box with 4x20 watts with all sorts of other feature. You can check it out below and if you have any questions about it send me a msg. We also have the owner manual on the site so you can see how it works and how it hooks up.

http://www.crutchfield.com/I-rFORc111/p_333MKI9100/Parrot-MKi9100.html?tp=8395

Back