• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

No heat. Just replaced radiator

Bones1182

Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 explorer 4.0
The wife's radiator started leaking the other day.(heat in this truck was great even to hot)so had off from work went to the local napa store and picked one up. I installed it a little tricky :mad::mad:but overall was easy to do. I refilled system truck came up to temp. Topped off coolant drove around ect. Now the heat is very Luke warm. A little better when driven. Im baffled so I went out and changed thermostat and refilled again. Same thing Luke warm still..the upper hose gets hot and the lower hose is cold also heater core hose from intake is hot and return line to the pump is cool,cold also. I don't think there can still be air after filling twice already. Can the new radiator cause this. The heat was perfect before I changed. And the temp gauge is rite in the middle so it's not overheating or running to cool. Any suggestions I'm ready to put leaky one back in to see if this is the problem. Help meee lol

Flag Gibby

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mountaineer AWD
The heater line comes off the top before the thermostat, so it sounds like you have air in the heater core or somehow the line to the heater core got plugged because the return from the heater should not be cold.