• Register Today It's free!

no heat, little heat

DaveWC

Reaction score
City, State
Independence, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT control trac 4wd
I recently repaired the blend door so this past summer I could use the AC without having to have it on Max all the time. Since then, I seem to have lost my heat. I opened the radiator yesterday after work and it looked as though the water pump wasn't circulating. It isn't overheating or even running hot. I have one hot hose and one not so hot hose at the heater core. The upper rad. hose is hot as it should be, stat is working, the lower rad. hose is not hot at all. I asked the mechanics that I work with at the shop and none had heard of this problem. Has anyone here encountered this? Help, it is starting to get cold here in Independence. Thanks, DaveWC

sounds like your heater core is clogged

no heat/little heat

Hey Wrencher, that is a possibility. What puzzles me is that the lower radiator hose is not hot after being run down the hiway coming home on Thursday and with the cap off, it didn't look as though the water was circulating in the rad. I'm gonna have to tear into it Sat. AM, friend's car in the garage will have to wait, I gotta have some heat. Thanks for the input, DaveWC:)

Problem solved: I took both heater core hoses loose to check flow thru the core and found that I had left the plastic plugs in the hoses from back in June when I pulled the heater box loose to replace the blend door. Well, DUH!!! Thank God it was something simple. See Ya, DaveWC

Back