• Register Today It's free!

no heat no a/c

thor1701

Reaction score
City, State
fresno ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB
seem to have an interesting problem, i'll start with the heat first, i have no heat, all it blows is room temp, no matter what setting i have it on, heater hoses get nice and hot, heater control valve seems working fine, no weird clicks or noises behind the glove box, all fuses are fine, and no codes showing up on the EATC when put into diagnostic mode, now with the a/c part, same thing, room temp, a/c clutch does not engage, and i am only measuring 4 volts from the connector at the clutch, i have a fully charged a/c system, i have also tried the bypass method of getting the clutch to turn on by jumping a pressure switch, still nothing, only thing i have not done is find a way to directly connect the clutch to the battery and make it engage that way

this is on a 96 eddie Bauer explorer 4.0

Maybe a blend door actuator problem for the heat? If the plastic gear has broken completely there would not be the normal clicking noise. The EATC itself could also be bad.

yes i have been wondering that, i have been wanting to take it off, but not really sure how i'll be able to get my hands in there to take the bolts off, not sure how to test if the eatc is bad or not

Back