No heat. The coolant level is fine. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No heat. The coolant level is fine.

peggy

Reaction score
City, State
seymour ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer
I love my 97 explorer,however i lost heat about a week ago,its 17 degrees!!! thermostat is fine,blend door open,heater core is working.Coolant levels are good.How can i check for a leak in the vacuum? the blend door is open cause I TOOK IT OFF!!!! deal with it in the summer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heater control valve works

hcv works,half my engine is hot half cold,you can put your finger in the coolant its cold even after running engine for an hour.water pump seems to be working too,checked for leaks cant find any.I cant get the air out of my lines,spent 3 hrs trying!!

took blend door off

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the A/C & heater section. Check the heater control valve.

i checked heater control valve,did a flush and fill, checked for leaks in hoses,checked water pump for leaks...nothing,still cant get heat.I took blend door off,i;ll deal with it again in the summer.I spent hours outside trying to get the air out of the hoses,i dont know if its still got air or not.Got an estimate of 1800.00..so thats a no go!! what am i over looking

i was thinking check the thermostat too.cheap and easy to do .about 5 bucks gets you a new one .and 2 bolts usually hold them in .

you removed the blend door??this is a problem area right there .theres no way to seperate hot from cold air now .if you have your defrosters on for any reason your a/c will run .now your mixing cold with hot and trying to get heat.

do this ......run the truck until its hot .now open the hood and feel both sides of the hoses that go to your heater core .
are both sides hot?if so heat is getting to the core .

if the inlet is hot and the outlet is cold you are not getting flow thru the core ...aka..no heat to be had.

I have a 2001 XLT Explorer with no heat (and believe me in Midwestern Ontario - it is COLD -12 degrees (cdn)) - it was nice and warm while driving, shut off truck for a hockey game, came back out & freezing cold air! Changed the thermostat, checked coolant (OK), both hoses from heater core are hot, gauge reads the engine is warm - but still blowing COOOOLD air (and the a/c is NOT turned on). HELP!!! I'm freezing!!! Thanks

My 1998 ford explorer has the engine check-light on. Radiator full of coolant, Heater workin fine. However, the temperture gauge is lying flat on cold, as if it was not hooked up. I can only deduct that the sensor for the coolant is not sending the message to the gauge. Where is the coolant temperature sensor located. does someone have diagram as i no longer have my owners' manuel

Did you check the blend door,if its not broke,try a flush and fill.My 97 explorer was the same way,did the blend door quick fix,still no heat,must have been a clog or air in the lines,did a flush and fill....now i have heat. good luck

Back