no heat | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no heat

arburton300

Reaction score
i have a 2001 explorer sport and when i turn the climate control knob from a/c to heat i have not change (steady cold a/c). i do hear a clicking coming from the compressor under the hood every 15 or so seconds in the hot or cold position. i have replaced my thermostat and checked heater hoses to verify circulation. i have read many post talking about blend door and the motor so i tried the quick fix where you cut into plenum and manually move the blend door. when looking into the cutout i noticed that the door was opening and closing when i changed the climate control from hot to cold and still no heat. i moved the blend door by hand and no change just cold air. i disconnected my heater hoses and blew into the intake line and fluid came out of return line (not sure if that means anything). any help would be appreciated.:banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, I have a 2002 Sport Trac and I have the same problem. I had a mecanic look at it and he cut open the box to see if the doors were opening and closing, wasn't that, he blew air in the heater core and it is not blocked. He tried with the valve opened and closed and it wasn't that either. We have no clue what the problem could be.

i have a 2001 explorer sport and when i turn the climate control knob from a/c to heat i have not change (steady cold a/c). i do hear a clicking coming from the compressor under the hood every 15 or so seconds in the hot or cold position. i have replaced my thermostat and checked heater hoses to verify circulation. i have read many post talking about blend door and the motor so i tried the quick fix where you cut into plenum and manually move the blend door. when looking into the cutout i noticed that the door was opening and closing when i changed the climate control from hot to cold and still no heat. i moved the blend door by hand and no change just cold air. i disconnected my heater hoses and blew into the intake line and fluid came out of return line (not sure if that means anything). any help would be appreciated.:banghead:

If your blend door moves I wonder if the heater control valve is bad, you can't miss it..it has 4 hoses going in and out.

Hi I was wondering if you checked the valve and if it worked.
Thanks!

bror01, i apologize for not responding right away but i had computer issues along with my car troubles. i did change the heater control valve and now i have heat. thank you for the assistance.

I need help, any pics?

bror01, i apologize for not responding right away but i had computer issues along with my car troubles. i did change the heater control valve and now i have heat. thank you for the assistance.

Ok I have the same exact issue, unfortunately I dont know what the valve is or what it looks like, anyone have a picture?

Ok I have the same exact issue, unfortunately I dont know what the valve is or what it looks like, anyone have a picture?

Depending on the year of your vehicle, it may look like this

Attachments

• hvc1iv1[1].jpg
    hvc1iv1[1].jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 713

Thanks for the photo that helps

I checked my problem out yesterday and it's the dreaded blend door....no heat....I'll do the "5 minute fix" later this morning

Back