No Heat

treats54

Reaction score
City, State
Heathsville, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 xlt
2004 explorer 4.0 sohc

I have replaced the blend door and actuator. Then fabricated a piece to fix the defrost door. Now I have no heat in the front. Checked the vacuum in the engine compartment that allows hot water to flow in through the firewall, and it appears to work fine. Looks like all the vacuum swithches behind the glove box are working.
My next best guess is the heater core inside the car. Any other ideas? How difficult is this to replace?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IS the hot coolant getting to the heater core? feel the heater hoses at the fire wall. If BOTH are hot that the coolant is flowing through. Both are cold there is no hot coolant getting to the heater core. If one is warm or hot but one is cold it means there is no flow through the heater core. Check coolant level to be sure it is full. You mentioned that you checked for vacuum at the heater flow control valve in the engine compartment. was it actually moving when you changed the controls from hot to cold? It could be stuck and not allowing hot coolant to even get to the heater core.

Thank you for the reply.
I watched the control valve move back and forth, and felt the lines before and after to see if there was a difference in temperature. I could feel both lines heating up after it was opened. Although one may not have been quite as hot as the other. Would that indicate anything?
The coolant level in radiator over flow tank is sufficient.

Sounds like you are getting heat to the heater core. Any chance the blend door actuator is the wrong one (EATC style for EATC and manual for manual). Or could it be the blend door actuator is not repositioning? On dual control systems there are 2 blend doors.

The blend door has the actuator on one side and on the other side (glove box side) it has a lever that will depress a button for mac AC as the blend door turns. I can see that lever moving as the blend door moves. So I believe that the blend door is moving according to the temperature control knob.

Back