• Register Today It's free!

no low range?

limit_explore

Reaction score
City, State
Los Gatos, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Limited
on my '93 limited, it will go into 4x4, but wont go into low range...any reason why this could be happening? it does not even have the light turn on like it does when i push 4x4...
any help would be great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on my '93 limited, it will go into 4x4, but wont go into low range...any reason why this could be happening? it does not even have the light turn on like it does when i push 4x4...
any help would be great!

try checking the relays in the back where the jack is

At the risk of sounding stupid......are you using the correct method to get into 4Lo?

Transmission in Neutral, foot on clutch if manual, foot on brake pedal, then push the 4Lo button?

oh jeez. i even check the manual and did not see that...no i have not tryed putting it in in neutral...ill check tomorrow morning. if that is not it, which relay should i check?

oh jeez. i even check the manual and did not see that...no i have not tryed putting it in in neutral...ill check tomorrow morning. if that is not it, which relay should i check?

not sure. i know u can hear them clicking when you push the 4wd buttons

ok. ill see if it works or not...thanks again this helped me alot!

well sure enough i got it into low range. thanks a bunch guys.
oh and do you know what engine could be in it? i got no clue. its all original, from 1993.

They only came with one engine.

4.0L (245ci) V6

Yes.

Explorers from 1997 and on received the SOHC 4.0L, but prior to that they're all pushrod engines.

Back