No park assist for Explorer Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No park assist for Explorer Sport?

Blue1ce

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer
I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but I'm not seeing any option for Park Assist on the Explorer? It's bad enough we're stuck with one engine option. Why wouldn't park assist be available on the sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, the park assist didn't come on mine. PA and Adaptive Cruise Control are the only option's my Sport didn't come with. Truth be told I didn't want to pay for them anyways.

As to the one engine option; the 3.5L twin turbo... that engine is pretty much the only reason I wanted a Sport over a Limited or XLT! It's a fantastic combo.

Yeah, the park assist didn't come on mine. PA and Adaptive Cruise Control are the only option's my Sport didn't come with. Truth be told I didn't want to pay for them anyways.

As to the one engine option; the 3.5L twin turbo... that engine is pretty much the only reason I wanted a Sport over a Limited or XLT! It's a fantastic combo.

The Limited does come with the 3.5 Turbo option. Some people may want more fuel efficiency. I prefer the appearance of the Sport but don't need the V6 Turbo.

We've all lamented the fact that the Limited offers much more technology but fails to have a check box for the coveted 3.5L Ecoboost. If you want the 365 hp engine, you unfortunately have to give up the extra features. Which is odd when the Sport is considered the top model.

Tony

We've all lamented the fact that the Limited offers much more technology but fails to have a check box for the coveted 3.5L Ecoboost. If you want the 365 hp engine, you unfortunately have to give up the extra features. Which is odd when the Sport is considered the top model.

Tony
Not if you get the 2016 Platinum. The Platinum is now the top model.

Peter

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but I'm not seeing any option for Park Assist on the Explorer? It's bad enough we're stuck with one engine option. Why wouldn't park assist be available on the sport?
Active Park Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control are 2 features that have never been offered on the Sport.

Do you have a 2016 Sport? If so please update your profile to show the model of your Explorer. Thanks.

Peter

Active Park Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control are 2 features that have never been offered on the Sport.

Peter

That's strange, I use the Adaptive Cruise Control on my Sport every day.:D

Do you have a 2016 Sport? If so please update your profile to show the model of your Explorer. Thanks.

Peter

Nope, I have a 15' Sport... It came loaded with everything except the PA and Adaptive Cruse Control. I didn't know it wasn't offered on them to begin with. Which is good for me because I didn't want to pay for them nor would I have IF it was an option... Win Win for me...

The Limited does come with the 3.5 Turbo option. Some people may want more fuel efficiency. I prefer the appearance of the Sport but don't need the V6 Turbo.

So is this a 2016 model thing??? I know the 15' Limited's did NOT come with the 3.5L twin turbo option for a fact... I tried to order one...

That's strange, I use the Adaptive Cruise Control on my Sport every day.:D

I'm pretty sure I saw that option on the 15 Sport but didn't buy the Tuxedo Black model Sport because of it. That and although I think the TB is a beautiful color; I'll never buy a black car because they show dings and dirt much worse than lighter colored vehicle's... So I bought a Platinum white Sport instead.

PeterK9, you might be thinking of the Park Assist that is NOT an option for the Sport... But Adaptive Cruise certainly is...

Not if you get the 2016 Platinum. The Platinum is now the top model.

Peter

The Platinum's look very Solid! But I would rather have a "Loaded-Up" Sport; and spend the extra 3-5K on stuff like a Livernois 93 Octane Tuner, Livernois Exhaust, CAI, Weather Tech everything, a Thule roof top carrier, bad azz snow tires & rim combo for winter &/or off-road whenever the urge or season dictated, etc, etc... But that is just me. YMMV...

Nope, I have a 15' Sport... It came loaded with everything except the PA and Adaptive Cruse Control. I didn't know it wasn't offered on them to begin with. Which is good for me because I didn't want to pay for them nor would I have IF it was an option... Win Win for me...
The question on the 2016 Sport was for Blue1ce. That is what he shows in his profile.

Peter

I'm pretty sure I saw that option on the 15 Sport but didn't buy the Tuxedo Black model Sport because of it. That and although I think the TB is a beautiful color; I'll never buy a black car because they show dings and dirt much worse than lighter colored vehicle's... So I bought a Platinum white Sport instead.

PeterK9, you might be thinking of the Park Assist that is NOT an option for the Sport... But Adaptive Cruise certainly is...
Guess I screwed that up. I knew there was more than one feature that wasn't available on the Sport and I guess that was the Lane Keeping feature. Something I don't think I'd want anyway. The ACC is a great feature that I used practically every day.

Peter

Back