no passenger high beam | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no passenger high beam

twitchtrack

Reaction score
City, State
Wausau, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
I recently noticed dim headlights while using highbeams, on my 96 Explorer Limited. After checking them and finding out that the passenger high beam was out, the message center said to check headlights (kind of ironic how it told me to do that AFTER I had done it...lol).

Thinking it was the bulb, I replaced it. But still no highbeams on the passenger side.

I've scanned through the forums and different posts, but all I've seen was about LOW beams, and the LOM, with directions about bypassing the LOM.

Could the LOM be the issue with Highbeams as well? If anyone has a clue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Faulty wiring perhaps? Get a multimeter and check out the high-beam wire on that side.

Hi,

I'd give the LOM a close-up inspection with a magnifying glass--I have had to re-solder a couple of the connections on the LOM for my 97 Eddie Bauer to fix headlight lamp out issues. To me, the telltale sign is that you replaced the bulbs and the high beam still doesn't work. Both times I had to repair mine, it was the low beams that did not work (once on driver's side, once on passenger side). If you can see small cracks in the soldering when you look at the LOM circuit board, that is probably your culprit. If you search on LOM, you should get to some threads that will inform you how to go about removing and repairing the LOM.

Best of luck! :exp:

Thanks

Thank you both, very much for the info. I will definately check it out. I gotta say.....I love this website! I think it's great that all these Explorer owners are so helpful to share information and knowledge...Woo Hoo! Kudos to you!:D

Back