• Register Today It's free!

No power door locks

stx4.0

Reaction score
City, State
ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
I have a 94 explorer I am trying to fix the power door locks on.I knew something was up with them when i noticed the actuators had been removed (before I bought it)..I have fixed power locks on other vehicles and it didnt really bother me they were missing as I am sure I can fix them..eventually..I am pretty sure they should always have power to them so they can be operated without the keys in the switch but when I tested with the test light at the actuator plug in there was no power,so i checked the 30A fuse under the hood and it was fine.Next I checked the contacts the fuse plugs in to and there was no power to the fuse.So now I am stumped as I do not know where its power is supposed to come from.I do not want to tear the harness apart just to track where a wire gets its power.Does anyone have an idea where to look on this issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pull the fuse block out and have a look at the back.

Socket is probably melted on the back. If so you can just bypass it with an in-line fuse or repair the fuse block by soldering in a new jumper.

I forgot to mention I did check that out but I didnt scrutinize it very hard as normally that sticks out pretty hard when they have been hot but I will go look it over better with a test light and make sure there is nothing I missed.

Okay I went out and checked the owners manual and theres no listing for power door locks in the under dash fuse panel.It has everything else listed but not locks.I pulled it out anyway it looks fine.The owners manual says to check the power control box but I did that first.Whereever it gets its power source from its not feeding it.

Here you go;
Explorer_door_locks.jpg

Looking at the power distribution box diagram, all the power to it comes from a black wire from starter relay post. Same post that has the fusible links and starter relay wire.

Thanks, it was a black wire that ran into the back of the fuse plugin.I will have to check the relay and see if it was disconnected.

Back