No Rancho Quick Lifts for 4th gen? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Rancho Quick Lifts for 4th gen?

Tatzapwizard

Reaction score
City, State
nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer EB 4x4
Hi All, My names Rob, this is my first post. I've been lurking for a couple months now, I've learned a lot so far and appreciate everybody behind this forum. Anyways, I've never built up a 4x4 and have started putting together a wish list of things I want to get to start modding my 2010 Ex. Since I've decided to keep this a mild build, seeing as its my first and I'm learning the ropes, I was looking to get rancho quick lifts. I went to their site and for 4th gen, I saw they only offer only a 1" leveling kit for the front, and for the 3rd gens they offer the full front and back lifts. I could have sworn I saw where some of the 4th gen guys here were using the quick lift on their builds? Does anyone know whats up with the only option being a level for the front? Did rancho offer the full lift before and not now?... and, would the 3rd gen quick lift work on a 2010?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe post this on the other 4th gen forum re. modified 'Sploders?

yes, looks like they discounted the rears. dont know why. I have emailed them twice with no response. I ended up buying the last LEFT one that Rockauto sold for $165... since they also increased the price to $220+.... so now i have to buy a right. Ill just run spacers in the rear. At least with the Ranchos up front you gain more travel since the front OEMs have very little travel compared to the rears.

Yep, I've noticed since looking the prices for ranchos vary greatly. I've been thinking about just doing a mild torsion lift, slap some beefier tires on and be done with it until I'm ready to do a more serious lift seeing as she's my daily. I'm not looking for anything extreme, just a little added clearance for going out in the woods a bit, which is why it sucks they discontinued the shocks. Seems it would have maybe been an easier route, but then again I've heard a few had failures with them leaking and all.

the explorer doesn't have torsion bars, so you can do a torsion lift....
Cheapest easiest lift you can do is spacers, but no matter what you do you dont get any extra travel. any lift you get comes at the expense of droop. travel stays the same, you are just higher up in it....

What type of prices are you seeing on the Ranchos? Everything i have see they are $220 each. They Used to be around $165 and thats what i just recently paid for a left one from rockauto. Their last one. So i still need to find and buy a right.
I was under the impression that the Rancho added more travel?

As Dacaur2 stated... no torsion bars on you gen4. Only the Gen2 had torsions. You will need to go with a spacer.

Same, 180 to 220. I had them in my Amazon wish list until I found out they quit making the rear and cleared them off. Damn... no torsion bars either? I hadn't bothered to look and figured they still were using them. I just got the 2010 recently and have been busy with other projects. Man they just made everything difficult with the 4th gens. Ok then, back to planning for spacers and fitting bigger tires I guess.

Same, 180 to 220. I had them in my Amazon wish list until I found out they quit making the rear and cleared them off. Damn... no torsion bars either? I hadn't bothered to look and figured they still were using them. I just got the 2010 recently and have been busy with other projects. Man they just made everything difficult with the 4th gens. Ok then, back to planning for spacers and fitting bigger tires I guess.
IFS no torsion bars.
spacers and UCAs way to go. or Body lift!

Back