No rants here, just something interesting ... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No rants here, just something interesting ...

grrtrainman

Reaction score
City, State
Western Mass, (summer), & SW Florida, (winter).
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Limited 4WD 302A Tow
:eek:

Fellow Explorer owners, got a few extra minutes to kill? Go to the link below and check out some of the photos of the new Range Rover, ($83,500.00) and the Evoque. Note especially the design elements of the headlights, tail lights, parts of the grille, etc. etc. Yes, we know of the past connection of Ford with Land Rover, but I continue to find this interesting. (!)

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/?...land rover&utm_campaign=2011 Exact Land Rover

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I definitely see a few styling cues and themes that are very similar. Overall, I think the Explorer integrates the elements better, with better proportions.

Also the spoiler over the rear window is the same as our EX!

it's no secret that the Evoque, New Range Rover, and the 2011 redesign of the Explorer were all penned by the hand of Gerry McGovern, so you kind of expect the same design language.

$14,000 for some of those paint choices?? The $595 for while platinum seems so cheap now on the explorer.

I see they have the same A-pillar trim design. I wander if they have the same vibration problem as the EX?

Back