• Register Today It's free!

No reverse

Noahlakes

Reaction score
City, State
Hillsboro ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 explorer xlt
I have a 2006 explorer and the reverse just went out. All forward gears work good. I pulled the transmission pan and reverse servo and there is a lot of play in the reverse band. Do you guys think the band is broke and could I just replace the band or replace the trans with a remanufactured one? There is hardly any metal shavings on the magnet. And the filter looks clean

0CEB31E2-E6BC-4C5C-8385-B6CFBBF21482.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's hard to tell from the picture if the band is broken or not, most likely it is.

The band can only be replaced by removing the transmission and completely tearing it down the very bottom and at that point you will end up rebuilding it.

It's hard to tell from the picture if the band is broken or not, most likely it is.

The band can only be replaced by removing the transmission and completely tearing it down the very bottom and at that point you will end up rebuilding it.
Is there a link you can send for a good rebuild kit?

We buy wholesale so I dont have a link. TransTec kits and Precision Kits are good so look for those.

try checking rockauto! they usually have a 5% off code, so usually, you can get a pretty good deal from them! this is their page for the 06 Exp... hope this helps! :D (the link assumes you have the sohc v6 and the 5AT)

How much play should be in the reverse band I’m able to turn and move it quite a bit

How much play should be in the reverse band I’m able to turn and move it quite a bit
woah just saw this, albeit months late. i think they should be bale to have some play iirc. not a whole lot though iirc

Back