No snow yet.. but the Explorer's ready - post some pictures of your X with a plow | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No snow yet.. but the Explorer's ready - post some pictures of your X with a plow

Curtis

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT 4x4
6 1/2 ft snoway, just waiting for some winter fun

ExplorerWaitingForSnow.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice

Is that an 8 or a 6?

Here is a pic of my from a year ago.

01-25-08_2100.jpg

Is that an 8 or a 6?
its a 6, mechanically its great, but she's literally rusting apart underneath... this will be her last winter :mad:
Dad did some major body rust repair and a re-paint in 08, if you're interested there's a thread here where I posted before, during and after pictures.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224548

Do you get a lot of snow in Orlando FL?
I was kind of wondering the same thing, that and just how long the transmission is going to last...

Its my fathers Explorer, he's in Newfoundland, Canada
Still with its original trans and that plow has been mounted for about 8 years or so.
The plow was mounted on a 91 Explorer previous to this, that explorer had its original trans and one rebuild.
So he's had pretty good luck in the trans department.

We lived in NL for 6 years, you either need a snowblower or a plow. Bought a snowblower after a couple years, I started to feel guilty that my wife had to do all that shoveling...:p:

Truck looks good with the plow. The trans is underrated I've done quite a bit hard work with my 4R55E 178k miles original. My dad also had a plow on the front of his 2000 Explorer he had at the time and plowed a couple years with it and did great, now its my Ex's turn.

Mont 09 - that is a HUGE plow. How the hell did you pull that off?

By removing the pins, unplugging the hydrolics and backing away from it.;)

By removing the pins, unplugging the hydrolics and backing away from it.;)

heheh.. you are a wise guy LOL

I think he just pulled up to the blade on a parking lot, its for a front end loader Im sure :D

No way- I've seen vids on youtube. It's for real!

:D

Curtis,
Checked out the bodywork, Unbelievable, especially for a DIY!! Nice Job and Nice Ex. No plow for me. Have been keeping the Ex in the garage for the winter for the last few years (maybe 5 or more).
Mounty 09,
That is Insane in the Membrane-Insane in the Brain.

Ya it takes it a lot to get moving but once you are moving look out, it will plow the deepest stuff.

LOL no it was a loader plow that was sitting the a walmart parking lot that i just pulled up to, to take a picture. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who do think its real though.

Iv got pictures on my phone of mine, won't let me upload... ill post a link to my Facebook page, there's pictures on there..

Search my name Mike holubek

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's dad cleaning up the driveway
IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

And here's what happens when you drive too close to the ditch, he pushes the snow up the street a good distance so the municipal plow does not push it all back in our driveway

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Back