• Register Today It's free!

No spare Jack in my truck

Stinger357

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer Eddie
Seems like the previous owner took out the jack for the tire changing. I did manage to find the pole that jakes it up, but it was buried in the back left panel in the rear. So My question is where can I get a good jack kit so I dont get stranded on the road. Also the last mechanic working on my tires over tightened the lugs and and for the life of my cannot get the to loosen. Any ideas?

Also the factory speakers in the rear where removed and some kind of "ghetto" rig was put in and takin up all the back space. How hard is it to get the factory speakers back into the truck?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hopefully I can answer your questions...

For a jack, you can always hit the local junk yard. Check in that rear driver's side comaprtment in the cargo area on Explorers you find in the JY. Or you can always pick one up from your local parts store. I did that, but it doesn't raise the truck enough so I also carry a short piece of 4x4 in the back to put between the jack and the lifting point on the truck.

Loosening lug nuts... spray the crap out of them with PB Blaster/WD-40/your lubricant of choice. Put your lug wrench on the first lug nut and slide a "cheater pipe" (a longer piece of scrap pipe or whatever you can find. The longer the "handle" of the lug wrench, the more leverage and torque you can get to the lug nut) over the lug wrench and go to town. Stand on the pipe if you have to to get some more torque on the lug nuts.

As for the rear speakers... we're gonna need some more info on this "ghetto" rig. Maybe some pics. We can't give you accurate advice if we don't know exactly what we're dealing with.

Stop by your local garage and ask them to loosen the lug nuts with an impact gun.

Well as far as the "ghetto" rig the guy before me just removed the rear speakers and put a boom box speaker in the truck hooked up to the existing wires there...it looks god awful!

man I wanna se pics of the speaker setup ;)

Well as long as the original wires are still there it should be pretty easy to replace the speakers as long as the PO didn't cut anything or destroy the opening. Post some pics up here so we can see what you're dealing with.

Are you talking about the speakers in the rear doors or the sub that was a factory option in the right rear trim panel?

Seems like he removed the factory speakers and put in a large speaker that is just sitting in the trunk. I will take pictures soon and show you.

Back