no spark, no fuel, after engine swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no spark, no fuel, after engine swap

also i think the pcm is getting power since all the sensors ( maf, coilpack, injectors ) have power.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just tested the harness going into the ICM............ coil a,b,c, to ICM all have power, also the ground in the ICM is good when i try to turn the engine over that ground gets grounded ( before it actually had power ) . But the crank position sensor doesn't get power at all, i know the ICM must give it power, so i'm thinking if the PCM is grounding the ICM , than the ICM is simply not doing its job by giving power to the Crank position sensor and getting a signal back. do you think this is my problem ? the icm ?

just checked pcm and the power ground isn't getting ground so i wired my own ,,, and guess what , the checkengine light came on and the fuel pump , also the iginition ground is not working so i'm going to wire that and see what happens

Now we're making progress. :biggthump Let us know how it goes.

i wired the ign ground but it wont start , but now i have the check engine light and the fuel pump is coming on for 5 seconds as i turn the key no when the key is set to on ? weird ?

Test/ replace the oil pressure sender. If it fails or detects low pressure, it will prevent the engine from starting by shutting off fuel delivery. This wonderful little sender has so foiled me in the past on other vehicles.

it just started omg i can't believe it , i had to wire the other end of those power ground wires , because it went right to the ICM and the oxygen sensors

okay it just started but the starter is not turning off ??? i'm confused heere

could it be that the starter is mounted wrong and when the engine fires its going mental ? ... but when i tried to crank before it would just turn over normaly no crazy noises ???

I expect that's a possibility. Maybe the starter solenoid is sticking. Are you using the starter from the Aerostar or the Explorer (if there's even a difference between the two)? Perhaps in wiring some of these grounds, you've accidentally provided an extra ground for the starter solenoid or something.

the truck is finally running , it was actually a ground under the fuse box , its a plug i removed the other end that plugs in accidentally thinking that it was for something else . I had to replace the power steering pump and alternator , but the engine is running perfect ( aside from the tranny fluid leaking everyware gota change those lines ) but the 4x4 doesn't seem to want to turn on , i'ma have to work on that later.

thanks so much to everyone that helped , you guys are great

Back