No vanity or map reading lights (PLS HLP) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No vanity or map reading lights (PLS HLP)

sam_wren99

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Eddie Bauer/'97 XLT
Yeah I'm really frustrated right now, I have a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer (Luxury Edition). Here is my problem I have no vanity mirror lights that work and also no map reading lights. Now I did check the fuses #23 and it was good, I even replaced it.

Now I am down to trying to find the battery saver relay which I believe is going to be the problem. Now I can get the reading lights to work but it calls for me to turn the thumb screw all the way over which makes all the lights to come on. Does anyone know where the relay is??? And if it is part of the Smart Junction Box (SJB) then which one??? I am hoping I don't have to tear apart the whole dash to get to those relays.

Any other Ideas??? Please help because I am about to rip this sucker apart.

lights

so what was it?

I got the same problem on a 2008 explorer xlt

Well I had to use a schematic and trace all the wires. I am not sure about the 98s but I can get u a schematic if needed. For mine there was wires broken, twisted going to the passenger vanity light. I did the process of elimination by taking off the sunvisor and disconnecting anything that might need the circuit for power. This included taking the front headliner down to see all The wires. then one by one reconnect everything. If that don't work let me know. U can also txt me at seven eight five three 7 five 4824.
so what was it?

I got the same problem on a 2008 explorer xlt

Back